Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - 2022

If people have bought into the mass vaccination solution, then it will be forever. Like everyone getting flu jabs every year, or even six months.

More realistically the virus wil continue to weaken into the common cold. Which it would have done regardless.

1 Like

Australia is doing it too (minimum of 4 months after #3), but only for those aged 65+ and the immunocompromised. As I qualify on age and my 4 months is up next Wednesday, I will be getting it then.

1 Like

Maybe make first all the oldies to finish taking the booster or even the 2nd one before moving to the 4th.

It could, but thereā€™s no guarantee. HIV hasnā€™t mutated into anything less deadly. We just have better drug cocktails to treat it. And thatā€™s probably what weā€™ll need to turn this into a cold; safer, more efficient, longer lasting vaccines. Perhaps intranasal tech needs to be developed, since thatā€™s where the virus congregates. The current vaccines areā€¦ fine. But this should just be the first step towards something a LOT more effective.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s because HIV is the pinnacle of viral evolution. Itā€™s beautiful. Transmissible long before symptoms emerge and a slow burn to death where countless others can be infected before the host is killed.

1 Like

Or the first!

Guy

Thatā€™s one way to put it.

I can think of others. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

Or simply give them freedom of choiceā€¦

2 Likes

Successful places like New Zealand did far more than that. As @the_bear would know, they did pretty extensive outreach and travelled to care homes to bring the vaccines to the elderly.

Their death rate has been the best among the COVID zero group facing omicron. Their preparation will likely be studied as a possible ā€œbest practiceā€ model in the future.

Guy

Get an island. Make sure there are more sheep than people spread over this island. Make sure it is developed so you can pay for people to stay home. Most importantly, no one is allowed in or out.

Easy

3 Likes

So presumably teachers are soon going to have to have four shots to be considered fully vaccinated. I wonder how that will go down?

Thereā€™s been zero discussion of this point. If you have a link, let us know.

Guy

1 Like

How do you know?

Itā€™s whatā€™s always happened in the past without vaccines.

See my answer above.

Not necessarily true.

One arguing the other side, that it does seem likely:

4 Likes

Iā€™m still going to be proved right. Just wait.

2 Likes

But what about long, long, long covid. In fifty years, some will be saying we should wait and see.

2 Likes

I think everyone hopes you are proved right (if they donā€™t, theyā€™re crazy). I just donā€™t think itā€™s a sure thing.

3 Likes

They gotta keep the fear up somehow.

1 Like