Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - 2022

Since Novavax is quite similar to Mediten, will this help its being accepted in US?

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202206210012

2 Likes

No

That day is reportedly coming soon.

Guy

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April-June 2022

Novavax has arrived in Taiwan on a China Airlines flight from Amstersdam. Rollout for interested persons aged 18 and above—including for boosters—is expected to begin around July 8.

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202206300002

Guy

3 Likes

Awesome!

Why is the dude on the elevator wearing a spacesuit but the cargo handlers on the ground aren’t? Looks a bit risky to me. They could catch the sniffles.

3 Likes

The boxes have ‘Safe’ written on the side. This emblem wards away evil spirits, rendering them safe for the handlers. The guy on the elevator is high up, and as we all know the density of viruses increases with height. This is why it’s safe to sit down in a restaurant, but not safe to stand up.

9 Likes

The company’s name is CSafe. They’re temperature controlled shipping units.

I suspect @finley got that, you humorless goat (or sheep, or whatever you are). :grin:

2 Likes

Damn. Went over my head.

1 Like

Did Taiwan order the new vaccine for Omicron, delivery in autumn?

Trying to register for booster but the website is down. Is registration discontinued? Can I just walk into any clinic and get BNT vaccine?

Also how do we install covid vaccine digital passport???

I called to get mine.

The restaurant part should have given it away, especially if you’re used to eating all you can eat hot pot.

I didnt see that.

It’s really a pain when you eat things like shrimp and use your hands to peel them. You need to use the restroom to wash your hands, but that requires putting on your mask with dirty hands.

Of potential interest to forumosans waiting for Novavax vaccines to be available here in Taiwan:

Guy

2 Likes

Some details on this possible acquisition appeared in the Taipei Times. Here’s the relevant part:

With the US set to rule on whether to grant emergency use authorization to the next generation of Moderna vaccines at the end of September or in early October, Taiwan might be able to procure the new vaccines as early as October [2022], Chuang added.

Source: ‘Overseas case’ policy announced - Taipei Times

Guy

2 Likes