Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - April 2021

That’s the weirdest thing I’ve seen. In terms of website booking.

1 Like

Some have strong reactions to AstraZeneca. You might get floored for a few days. Plan ahead. I used the current long weekend to recover and I needed it.

1 Like

Yeah, I booked my appointment towards the end of the week after next for the same reason (want to have a weekend to recover, and need to edit a physics book next week so don’t want to feel rough for a couple of days).

I know right? It didn’t even occur to me to look at those characters, since it seemed obvious they’d list the morning before the afternoon. I didn’t realise until I’d filled in 3 pages of questions in Chinese. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You’re not selling this marriage thing very well.

Duude! don’t waste your quality time with feeling shit, weekends are precious. Take the symptoms to work and ride it out there, you might get lucky and get a fever and not be allowed through the door anyway. When I was in getting the jab the nurse said something about being mandated to be able to take up to two days sick leave. Urban myth: The dock workers in Newcastle, UK, only go our boozing and partying on Sunday night so they don’t ruin their weekend with a hangover, and instead take it to work on Mondays…

2 Likes

That’s the funny thing about this. They say there’s low willingness to vaccinate, yet all the slots are booked.

I hope a silver lining out of this new cluster dark cloud is that it will motivate people to get vaxed. Taiwan can’t stay closed forever.

When I got done there were 100 slots all booked up, but only 60 people turned up.

In the old country, Mom got AZ. Brother got Pfizer. Cousin got Pfizer. Uncle got AZ. So far, so good. That makes me feel better. No secondary effects so far in the family.

I also realized that, while not 65 yet, I am not in the “young woman” category that has had more issues with clots. Age might be an advantage.

Worst can be like a pal teaching in the Middle East, she got AZ…and she got each and every symptom: headache, cold, fever, pain in her arm…not a happy camper. But nothing serious.

2 Likes

520 posts were split to a new topic: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May 2021