Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

It did for me and many others, check Moderna or AZ. AZ is pretty quick. Moderna is on halt for the moment.

Did you register your willingness a while ago?

I guess you should use the A(P)RC number printed on your NHI card.

1 Like

Pure faith in Taiwan?:joy:
Plus I kinda considered this the “second generation” vaccine with more efficacy and less side effects, so I read…

No, so I guess that’s the problem?
Either way looks like I’m on schedule in August so I was told not to worry.

Either I’m going to 1923.tw/vas , or there is something wrong with my credentials.

is there another link, or some other ridiculous registration event that I’ve been blissfully unaware of for the last month? I signed up for the scraps last month.

Registered public and cram school teachers should be already (asked to be) listed through their employers.

As widely discussed, I don’t think there’s been anywhere near enough testing yet to say there are fewer side effects or greater efficacy (especially because they haven’t really tested the latter).

Note also that there’s a difference between “second generation” and “took a long time”.

4 Likes

I was registered by my school. I also registered myself, my teacher friends have been vaccinated yesterday but I still have no update. I get the message i’m not eligible on 1922

This sucks as I registered for the self-pay in April and it’s almost August!

1 Like

The website is 1922.gov.tw

Fair enough. It’s just my faith in Taiwanese technology plus my wife nagging me how great Taiwan is. :sweat_smile:
Like I said, “so I read” so not concluding that it really is. But I did see some promising articles when I did research a little.

Regardless, looks like I’m getting AZ with my next registration.

1 Like

There’s no good reason that should work, …, which is why it seems it actually has:
wnrwnr

however, the wish registration page is still giving me the same error.

At this point it would be less effort and misery to just get covid.

2 Likes

utzTCyo

Thank you! Successfully booked an appointment for Saturday afternoon at Far Eastern. We’re guessing I didn’t get a text because I already registered my vaccine preference on 13th July?

Update: Received my text message reminder to book an appointment at 13:30, after I’d already booked one.

2 Likes

Though this is about willingness registration, I guess the same may be applied to the appointment registration.

For foreigners, please enter the information according to the following judgments:

1. If you have changed the new-style residence permit number (the first digit is in English) at the Immigration Department, and the health insurance card with the new-style residence permit number at the National Health Insurance Department, use the new-style residence permit number + Register your new health insurance card number.
  2. If the foreigner has changed the new-style residence permit number, but has not yet changed the health insurance card at the National Health Insurance Department, he will still register with the old-style residence permit number + the old health insurance card number.

If you successfully registered your willingness, you should use the same combination of numbers.

1 Like

As per Liberty Times, more AZ—some 580,000 doses—is scheduled to arrive later today from Thailand:

Guy

6 Likes

The bold text is apparently the case, and gave me the error message with the link to the registration invitation page. This is the image in my previous reply to you. After clinking that link, my attempt to register with the old-style residence permit number + the old health insurance card number still resulted in an error.

I am going to try calling the clinics where I registered last month to see if they can chabuduo this situation.

1 Like

580k AZ will arrive at 3pm today. These are self bought

3 Likes

My ARC also changed but did not get a new NHI card. I was able to register with the old number.

4 Likes

NO bungs were paid into the Thai king’s bank account. Let’s be CLEaR on this.

Quite embarrassing that Taiwan needs to rely on Thailand for vaccines even though it has been talking about making vaccines since early last year. Meanwhile Thailand (King) set up a new factory in a company that never made vaccines before and is slinging them out.

And the much maligned AZ vaccine continues to take the heavy loading in vaccinating the world!

1 Like

Did you check your willingness registration at the vaccine platform with ARC number, last 3 digit of phone number, seccurity code?