Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Now, the platform is open for willingness registration for people 18 and older . People 20 and older can choose Taiwanese vaccine.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks, just registered for the medigen vaccine. Thanks for heads up!

3 Likes

295,584 doses administered yesterday, including 19,220 second doses.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/4mEIu_HDtr2fGuAKiGPCAw

5 Likes

thats pretty awesome tbh

1 Like

Yes, for all the dramas about supply and the reservation system, they are certainly getting it right when the jabs themselves are given out.

2 Likes

So including the 580,000 AZ arriving today, Taiwan will receive a total of 1.5 million vaccines this week. This number will include both Moderna and AZ, although no news on the allocations of which

3 Likes

So there is a Moderna shipment coming this week too?

yes and possibly another AZ, but no way of knowing how many of each

Good to keep the numbers secret, stop Taiwanese trying to game the system and keep changing their preference.

We will find out day by day no doubt, there hasn’t been any notice of more than 1-2 days in the past.

We have known of the amounts before. Now we just know that a total of around 1.5 million vaccines will arrive this week, including the 580,000 AZ today and that the total number will include some Moderna.

1 Like

That article is vague AF about this. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Guy

1 Like

There will be three planes, including one today. Going to guess that two are the Thai AZ and one is Moderna

1 Like

Wow! I still can’t believe how there’s a new surprise every week.

截至目前為止,累計接種7,013,130人次,AstraZeneca接種4,101,387人
次,Moderna接種2,911,743人次,COVID-19疫苗接種人口涵蓋率28.74%,劑
次人口比29.86(劑/每百人)。

The AZ and Moderna allocations, with 28.74% now having received one vaccination. What does that last statement mean? Those having received two shots is 29.86%?

That was explained about a week back I think (scroll up if your eyes can take the strain!!), and yes, I think it was something about 1 vs 2 shots.

1 Like

1.12% are fully vaxed.

3 Likes

Just very different from the way you would say this in English. Anyway, got it now.

I saw on CTI news about countries are going to donate 50 million doses of vaccine to taiwan. Can someone confirm this?

Within an hour an injection site is closed. No need to wait that long.