Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Mad thing in Taiwan is that its the young people signing up for AZ as just want to get vaccinated and the older people being choosy for vaccines.

4 Likes

I saw this talked about a lot in Canada as well, although I’m not sure how much such talk reflected reality.

But I suppose I’m giving away my own age when I’m (inaccurately) thinking of “Generation X” as “young people”.

4 Likes

Based off social media, all my generation X friends/family have gotten the jab, myself included. And most are in the Deep South in Trumpland. However I don’t know many boomers or millennials from the same place that have done the same. I wonder why??

For me as a gen X’er I got the self paid jab right away seeing as I just want to go back to normalcy. Pre-Covid, business was expanding to several other countries, pleasure travel was doable since I had finally paid off all my debt and business was great.

As well I suppose vaccinations were just a normal part of life growing up. I’ve gotten the MMR vaccine at least five times since living in Asia and I’m not autistic yet.

3 Likes

Yunlin County announced the suspension of platform appointments on the 28th and suspension of vaccination from July 31st to August 4th. People who have already made appointments are required to change the date of treatment. During this time, they will notify privately through LINE or post an announcement at the entrance of the hospital. , Notify a small number of people to queue up and register to get the vaccine

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: How kaoliang is made

When I went to my appointment, there was a sea of plaid shirts and Doc Martens waiting to put the X in vax. It looked like the line for the porta-potties at Lollapalooza.

Wait a second GenX in Canada still look like this and still go to Lollapalooza. :joy::grin:.
I would love a pic of this. I might get myself a pair of doc martens again just to kick some arse in my middle age.

2 Likes

Just ordered some on eBay. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

I think I had something similar happen, or it seems to have amounted to about the same thing. I couldn’t make an online appointment after several tries, even though I appeared to be eligible.

Now someone from my cram school is going to help me get vaccinated in early August, or something like that (they said the 6th through the 10th).

That means I won’t be teaching now or in the near future, but that’s probably not going to hurt me right now, knock wood.

Hope everything starts going smoothly for you!

2 Likes

Now I know what that weird kid in high school was wearing on his feet.

They look really hot for Taiwan.

In my school you were cool if you wore Jordans or Birkenstocks. I wore Asics because they felt the best with or without socks. You could also wear through the outsole before the shoe would fall apart. I wish I could find them in my size in Taiwan.

I’m getting pretty far off topic.

1 Like

Doc Martins, in my early punk days the color of ones laces determined if we would fight or not. Red or white laces equated neo -nazis and other colors were the SHARP’s (skinheads against racial prejudice). Got a nice scar from a stabbing, but buddy didn’t fare too well, he got gutted and died.

Much simpler times.

Lithuanian donation already in Taiwan.

3 Likes

National Taiwan University Hospital conducts mixed trial of AZ and Modena vaccines

The AZ and Modena vaccine mixed test design is divided into 4 groups, which are 4 weeks and 8 weeks apart between AZ and Modena, two doses of AZ vaccine are separated by 8 weeks, and two doses of Modena vaccine are separated by 4 weeks. There are 100 people in each group, for a total of 400 people.

As for the recruits, all employees of National Taiwan University Hospital who had received the first dose of AZ or Modena vaccine were not recruited.

1 Like

Taiwan News is all over it. Viva Lithuania!

Guy

2 Likes

239,877 doses given yesterday, of which 35,537 were second doses. 381,041 are fully vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/hPoO23IZ7nhh8SKy3dNHsg

5 Likes

Monday’s figures should see us passing 1/3 of the population vaccinated, with nigh unto 2% fully so.

3 Likes

nigh unto? that’s poetic :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’s starting to be increased concern over insufficient supply.

Chen Shizhong recently admitted that the recent vaccine supply is very tight. About 1.02 million senior citizens over the age of 75 must receive a second dose of AZ from August 24. And about 1.92 million folks aged 65-74 must a second dose of Modena from September 10.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m personally getting concerned 12 weeks for us is Sep 8, since we mainly got the vaccine to travel, it will be pointless if we can’t get the second on time.

1 Like

This is why they need to start mixing and stop being so risk adverse. I feel lucky I finally got my first shot on Friday, because I think there’s a crunch coming. And this is with 62% of our supply being all donations as well!

1 Like

I don’t think mixing is the right answer since we don’t have Any vaccines to mix with. They need to shift their focus from as many first shots as possible to getting everyone full vaccinated. It’s not hard to figure out that x amount of people got vaccinated on y day so we need to have x amount of vaccines on y day plus 70. The CECC should be planning for second doses. When we got the 3rd Japanese donation, I had assumed we would start seeing those used for second doses since I knew based on when vaccinations started in large numbers that we were getting close to needing a lot of second doses, but instead they opened up more age groups.

4 Likes