Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

It was announced. But seemingly last night they had a meeting and they had a new announcement regarding second doses. According to the wife…I will look for a link.
Some local governments have also started cancelling non front line workers vaccine appointments since controversy . Garbage truck workers appointments were cancelled thst I know (they are kind of front line contacts I guess ?) - there isn’t even enough vaccine to cover them all anyway supposedly.

If it’s mostly J&J that could be pretty big and much more useful than a ~1 million batch of a 2 shot vaccine as it allows for full “vaccination” and clears up the queue for those needing their 2nd dose.

Probably J&J will be used for elderly group who are most vulnerable and remaining epidemic prevention workers that still haven’t gotten a a shot if I had to take a guess.

The same way that they only gave EUA to the AstraZeneca vaccine shortly before the first batch was due to arrive.

Does it really make any difference when they give the EUA for BNT, if they haven’t got an agreement or date for receiving the first delivery?

Clearly you’re another one who is just trying to find something…anything… to attempt to undermine the CECC and the government.

5 Likes

I prefer this as a donation actually. A one dose vaccine that can fully vaccinate 3% of the population and offers near 100% protection from hospitalizations and deaths, sounds great!

Roughly the same as the (current contribution) from Japan. I hope it arrives soon though…

3 Likes

I’m not the only one undermining about the CECC. So you approve the CECC’s measures to go from 5+9 to 3+11? They said they don’t have any record (meeting minutes) of that.

Follow local news carefully. Why is Kinmen adopting their own measures? Why are Ko and Ho going their own way? Why did Chen ask Guo to provide plans on how the vaccines will be shipped, how many coolers in Taiwan, etc? Why doesn’t the CECC instead step in and instead ask “how may I assist you in procuring the vaccines?”

2 Likes

Hadn’t you followed the news on vaccine?

Also CECC never recommended Taipei and New Taipei residents movements to be restricted to their counties.

No specific lockdown of wanhua and banqiao.
Why not ?

They have spread it all over Taiwan .

3 Likes

Yes. Have you?

then, maybe you could guess why.

And “China” is in the way is just an excuse. Purchases between the two straits are cross strait issues, almost like domestic issues and are not international.

If we’re talking about the BioNTech ones, this gentleman seems to be saying that BioNTech said so themseves:

https://twitter.com/MatthiaSander/status/1400398529332350988

1 Like

Well ask CECC to give the evidence. Why are you asking me? It’s he who said it, obliquely, citing “external forces”. They can’t even say the actual name. Think again about who’s being unhelpful.

2 Likes

In the press conference Mrs. Duckworth has said that after “several weeks of conversation” so it seems like the ball got rolling a while ago. Once things started getting serious in Taiwan US and Japanese officials, along with the Taiwanese officials, have been working to get the vaccines here.

She also says the 750,000 doses are part of the first tranche (batch).

1 Like

Oh that’d be awesome if true. That’s like getting 1.5 million AZ doses.

4 Likes

that is debatable. International deals could be easier than deals between two straits.

The logical thing would be to use J&J for younger people as it has less blood clotting issues than AZ and the likelihood of blood clotting issues declines with age. But of course logic and what happens in reality are two entirely different things…

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Cross-strait? International? Unification?

No, no you see 750k is a smaller number than 1.2 million so if 1.2 million is a drop in the bucket then 750k is like a drop in the ocean! (Just being sarcastic)

With these announcements recently, even my doom and gloom friends are finally starting to feel hopeful. I still think the hard part is, come their turn, will they actually put their money where their mouth is and put the vaccine to use and get a damn shot?

2 Likes

Is there a good site that shows how may vaccines have actually been administered, and how many people are fully vaccinated in Taiwan?

1 Like

Putting this into practice would slow down the roll out, you have the logistics and documentation involved with having 2 vaccine types in each location.