Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

If phase II results are poor that’d affect stocks, correct?

I assume so. But if they are well that affect the stocks as well.
To me the Taiwanese stock exchange is a even bigger bubble than the real estate market.

from here: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/ATAG/2021/690531/EPRS_ATA(2021)690531_EN.pdf
The certificate would provide
proof that the person has been vaccinated, give results of Covid-19 tests and/or information on the acquisition of antibodies.

If they don’t accept the vaccine yet you should be able to be tested for antibodies. People who got Covid don’t need to get vaccinated for a few months.

No time to read 1000 posts. so maybe somebody already mentioned, but: As feared, calling hospital where our vaccine booking from medio May was canceled two days prior, now it turns out the fact that we had already been booked in for a shot has absolutely no effect. Null and void. Please go to back of th queue. So basically no vaccine this year, realistically.

1 Like

If it was for a second shot, your dose is reserved.

If it was for a first, yes, all self paid vaccination is cancelled.

I do not think it will take until next year if you are at a lower priority category, say healthy 29 year old, as minister Chen has explained the plan is latest September to have rolling mass vaccination in effect.

But as always, that depends on vaccine availability.

3 Likes

Seems wildly optimistic.

Anyway, what is the number of vaccinations per day in Taiwan?

Depends by area. Someone had linked a pretty chart that’s updated regularly… somewhere among the mess here.

The good thing is people now want to get vaccinated. It is already in category 2 and 3 and there is Moderna aside from AZ on the roster.

Some antibody tests only look for the antibodies that would be produced by natural infection. Actually, from what I’ve read about the antibody tests here in the states, I think most of the general antibody tests are of this type.

Also, some countries that allow people to enter based on antibodies/past infection require a letter from a doctor indicating past infection and recovery, not just an antibody test. That’s because they need to know the date of infection, as most of these types of rules require that the infection be fairly recent. Makes sense since they’re not sure how long antibodies from natural infection last.

1 Like

You are reading too much into it.
Taiwan Stock Exchange has improved a lot over the years.
Listed firms in TSE or GreTai must announce a halt in trading for any news disclosure that would be considered big, whether good or bad.
So, Medigen is just following procedures by the stock exchange.
Nothing more, nothing less.
On Tuesday, its share prices down-limited and then up-limited within the same day (20% intraday move) and then yesterday up-limited 10%… take what you want from that.
We’ll all see after its announcement.

6 Likes

Probably yes, but only after, at least partial, phase 3 results are released.

Cheers, I wasn’t aware of that.

Taiwan:

You got any of that Pfizer??

8 Likes

The results of Medigen’s Phase 2 trials will be publicly released today.

At minimum we’ll get a sense of how that horse is running . . .

Guy

1 Like
2 Likes

I thought the recent statement was people can still get their second shots, but it was a bit confusing (surprise, surprise) as to when. If I remember right, it was vague on whether you can book your shot after June 15, or get your shot after June 15.

1 Like

The unhappy Academia Sinica guy featured in the story linked above expressed his displeasure that the Taiwan companies are trying to develop protein-based vaccines.

I guess he wanted attempts at mRNA moonshots? There’s nothing stopping other companies from trying.

Guy

EMA bows to WHO

1 Like
2 Likes

Probably.

WHO has approved Chinese vaccines, EMA has NOT