Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Right, you saw that, but you are not a Chinese citizen.

Indonesia is working with Korea for its domestic vaccines.

1 Like

It is so different to my parents. My dad was desperate to get jabbed. He was phoning his doctor all the time. She was looking for reasons to bump him because he was doing her head in. My dad’s words.

1 Like

There’s a NT$3m fine for spreading false rumors related to COVID.

Why are the Taiwan media not getting fined for sharing these fake vaccine scare stories?

2 Likes

Yes I know. I follow the clinical trials across Asia.
Medigen has one registered in Vietnam. Doesn’t seem very smart does it ?

It’s obvious India, Philippines and Indonesia were great places to run a clinical trial and also offer some kind of vaccine access deal to them.
UBI also has something I need to check where.
Edit- UBI running it in Brazil and US supposedly. Haven’t heard much about them. Not sure how that is going.

Thank you.
You opened my eyes.

2 Likes

Korea also will not use its domestic vaccine till after Phase 3

2 Likes

So maybe the president can offer our bodies as Phase III trial candidates for the Koreans ? Koreans ‘donate’ a batch to Taiwan .:grin:

On what statement.
The guy might be fat and have high blood sugar. No fake statement there. Not liking a certain vaccine brand seems a personal choice.

1 Like

Is that a fake quote though? There are a lot of misinformed and stupid people out there. Is it illegal for media outlets to quote a person who says they won’t be getting vaxxed no matter what?

At some point the government is realistically going to have to create incentives to convince more people to get vaxxed. I don’t think they’re going to convince people who are skeptical by borderline censorship.

It’s a big country.

There must be room for Medigen somewhere too.

Guy

1 Like

Your question is about the vaccines and procedures. I don’t think Audrey is the right person to ask about it.

If you are not convinced by replies from other forum members, I suggest you dial the 24h English speaking support number. They will be happy to answer all your questions about vaccines, etc.

Taiwan CDC toll-free hotline: 1922

6 Likes

I’m talking about all the negative press Covid vaccines are getting in general.

• Reports of old people dying after AZ vaccine
  • reports of a baby dying after his mom got the AZ shot

None of these deaths were medically linked to AZ, yet media are pretending they are. It shouldn’t be allowed.

1 Like

There’s about ten clinical trials there already. I don’t understand what Taiwanese vaccine manufacturers are doing.

Very good point. They threatened regular people with spreading covid rumours .

Meanwhile the TV stations are a nightmare of falsehoods.
One had a red ticker in the corner of all the people who died after taking AZ (was 50 then…Supposedly ). None had been proven to be linked to AZ yet !!!

On that day 20 people had died who were infected with covid-19.

5 Likes

I bet it was his doctor who told him so…

Ah yes, the “there are more people dying of the vaccine than of COVID” story.

Can’t sigh for that one.

3 Likes

7.2% of Taiwan’s population has received at least one shot.

6 Likes

We don’t do vaccines on Saturdays?!

1 Like

Not at all a Twitter user. First time trying to embed. I guess I failed. Anyway, the information I wanted to share is there. People are not as eager to get vaccinated so vaccinations to other groups should be opened up. I’m not surprised in the reluctance by the general public. Let’s see now how fast the government reacts to what everybody (who have been paying attention to situations in other countries) knew would happen.

`

Chen said if
there is an obvious sign of slowed vaccination, they will preserve a
certain amount of vaccines for the prioritized group and open up the
vaccines to other groups.

— William Yang
(@WilliamYang120) June
24, 2021

`
2 Likes