Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Where are they testing it?
We don’t have enough cases here to test its efficiency…

the one made by Medigen Vaccine Biologics Corp has their lab in Taipei , but maybe they use other test locations

Taiwan can send the vaccine to other countries for testing , that’s how other approved vaccines do it , for the Medigen vaccine the phase 2 trails were done in Vietnam and Taiwan

source:
https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/vaccines/24/

2 Likes

The problem is that without exposing people to coronavirus, they can’t know if it’s working or not.

If that’s the case, then they should send it to India or Brazil.
Although I don’t know if results of testing in different races would be valid…

1 Like

In phase 3 clinical trials, Covid-19 vaccines need to be tested against the virus in the real world, in actual people against the actual virus , so If the vaccine will be ready by July then they need more cases to pass this phase

AZ vaccine had Trails in Brazil and India , as well in many countries

source:
https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/vaccines/4/

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted.

2 Likes

Oh, OK.
So phase 3 is the one that needs real world exposure. Got it!

2 Likes

Race is just, like, a social construct, man.

I presume they would be exporting it and testing overseas. Its win win. If anything goes wrong, not your voting pool. if it works, international recognition.

Also ccurious how different vaccines might play out with different mutations amongst different races.

Still more safe Taiwan

1 Like

I thought that was the deal going in, no? They only opened up the self-pay option after the 8 week window for the follow-up shot had passed the expiration date for the supplies on hand. Anyone getting AZ jabs after Apr 20 or so (self-paid or free) is betting TW will get more shipments.

(Looks at comment; looks at title of thread; shrugs)

4 Likes

If you’ve got an ARC you’ll be fine. There’s no way they’ll stop you’re coming here if you’re a legal resident.

https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/country/taiwan/

For those asking about stages of vaccine trials and countries where they are tested.

2 Likes

So only one of the three potential vaccines at all tried abroad and presumably even in this case only to a very limited extent since 11 out of the 12 listed test hospital locations for that vaccine are in Taiwan and only one in Vietnam (where moreover Covid has also been largely under control so even that limited testing abroad will provide very little real infection data).

1 Like

Called today to get vaccinated and was told nothing left and to call back after June 16 when they might get more vaccine. I really regret procrastinating on this. Really, really angry at myself for being too lazy to call 3 or 4 weeks ago when I first found out about the paid vaccines.

9 Likes

What happened to the 5 million doses of Moderna that were supposed to arrive in May?

1 Like

Officially, yes.

1 Like

Worldwide delay in all factories.

We’re supposed to go for our shots next Thursday, but now I’m wondering if there will actually be any vaccine left.

Will be offered to “priority” groups first, in the unlikely event there is anything left over it will go down the line.

Feeling quite rough today - I slept from about 6am to 6pm before making some strong coffee and getting up to work for a couple of hours. Not so much energy, my joints are aching slightly, and my skin is tingling a bit. Arm still a bit uncomfortable but better than last night. No fever.

Kind of like a moderate hangover, but bearable. Probably just gonna eat something, drink some more coffee, and have an early night.

5 Likes