Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Taiwan vaccination won’t undergo stage 3 testing AFAIK.

Well that’s a good way to make nobody want it… Honestly have had no idea wtf Taiwan has been doing these last few weeks

4 Likes

Well there should in theory be more COVAX vaccines and AZ, I think another 15 million more, but there is no time-frame on that. Hoping that domestic companies can ramp out product in Sepetmber and October when people are getting first shots.

We have no idea what the production capacities are of the domestic companies. The government is doing a shit job at transparency

1 Like

Who knows? The domestic ones have finish Phase 2 testing, and wont do Phase 3. We have been assured that they are ready

Once again, nobody is talking about buying Chinese vaccines. Its the BNT from Germany that have exported to China

3 Likes

They won’t do phase 3 or will they start administering while doing phase 3? Those are two different things.

Wont do

1 Like

That we cannot buy… :yawning_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face:

1 Like

Lol that’s dumb. Really dumb. What are they thinking?

Yeah, I agree its super boring, but at least people could be factual. We arent going to buy them, so its not a discussion. And I dont get why people think if we did buy them they would be suspect, what would be the point of that? Just make the whole of Taiwan absolutely hate China, even the deepest of blues.

1 Like

Erm, people have explained they did extensive phase 2. Its not perfect. Im more annoyed that its going to take so long tbh

If people are still interested in BTN vaccine story, start reading here:

Or at least do it in the vaccine forum…

They are doing phase III , they will be able to do in Taiwan now and overseas. But they will start vaccination without that data I guess.

1 Like

Won’t buy

But it sure is a good distraction to talk about in the news. It will last a couple of news cycles and then people will blame the government again. That Moderna shipment today won’t last long.

Good luck doing it overseas without phase 3

Do you know why Taiwan isn’t making it’s own AstraZeneca vaccines? It can’t be that hard if India can do it.

Taiwan isn’t a major pharmaceutical manufacturer. Don’t underestimate India. They have loads of major pharmaceutical companies, with billions in USD flowing around.

2 Likes

Im not really worried about the safety of the vaccine, just how long this is going to be.

1 Like

Is it possible that the various Taiwan vaccines would falter not on the safety side but on the efficacy side?

I’m not in this field and would be interested in hearing what more informed forumosans think.

Guy