Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - November/December 2021

Well, they have their AZ followed by Moderna study. Now they will have their full Moderna followed by AZ efficacy study. Lots of antibodies, I bet.

Hey we could use some of that!

But it would also help if they—at the same time—paid attention to vaccine type. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

One way of testing mixing vaccines I guess. No doubt all affected will be monitored and hopefully no harm has been done.

3 Likes

It’s big and takes all day, parading, loading the boat with all kinds of stuff, ceremonies, just like a funeral. Temple goers, huge crowds, masses of people. Usually ends about 4-5 AM. Been once with a few other Forumosans. Exhausting

2 Likes

Ah, looked at the Map, near Dapeng Bay - where the Coach stopped on a day trip to Kenting a few years back.

but look at the bright side. It will repel and ward off the plague.

Seems like the CDC is talking with Japan about them recognising Medigan for when the gates open.

2 Likes

So this investigation would be purely coincidental I gather?

1 Like

As far as I know, there has been no study or even desire to get an AZ subsequent to an mRNA vaccine. In Europe, as news spread about negative reactions to AZ, they gave the green light for having an mRNA vaccine after AZ.

AZ after Moderna. I believe Taiwan will be the first to see what that entails. Anyone feel free to correct me, though.

1 Like

All the studies (and Taiwan’s future plans) involve AZ first shot, mRNA second shot—a combo that seems to lead to results as good as two mRNA shots.

The Pingtung misadministering of a vaccine type is simply that: a mistake.

Guy

3 Likes

Another 142,000 doses of A-Z arriving this afternoon.

6 Likes

259,787 doses given yesterday, of which 210,457 were second doses. 8,393,132 are now fully vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/hDN4Mym88tR37H-Mt88oag

3 Likes

Even better.

Get ready for boosters next year.

The experiment involves 400 participants from high-risk communities, including frontline medical workers and aircrew. They will have received two AstraZeneca (AZ) doses before the trial begins, wrote CNA.

The study is divided into four groups, each comprising 100 participants, who will receive a dose of Medigen, Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT), or Moderna, or a half dose of Moderna as a booster.

1 Like

Hi, when I got my first shot of BNT end of October, the nurse told me, 8 weeks before the second shot, but I don’t know it she meant, book appointment in 8 weeks or I could book now?
Because for the first shot it was pretty long to have an appointment.

You can basically only book when it’s your time, they will let you know.

1 Like

I got BNT and they stamped 4 weeks for 2nd shot on my paper.

1 Like

Alright thanks guys.

I just got the text message this evening. For my first dose. Registered July 27th.

yay.

3 Likes

So you’re a Moderna holdout? If so, it’s finally your turn! :grin:

Guy