Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - September/October 2021

For people over 12 years old, its easy. If schools, universities and companies say that you need to take the vaccine, everyone will just get on with it. National character is different, people wont argue with the boss.

Taiwanese will always err on the conservative side of risk as well. Just the way things are

1.36 million AZ expected from Thailand this afternoon. I believe there are 1 million eligible for second AZ in the 12th round. Just about perfect.

5 Likes

Seems like there was a bit of a crowd of the over 68 people for their 2nd shots at the Expo Dome this morning. 3000 were already there at 07:00. Seems they ignored their Booking Time and Number and thought it was first in best dressed!!! I hope its fixed when I go there tomorrow.

4 Likes

I think they should just keep making people wait outside until it’s 15 minutes before their appointed time. Make it a point that showing up early does nothing for you. And then show people that show up on time walk right past the crowd going in and getting their shot.
Of course this also means the location that are giving their shots needs to be able to stay on schedule.
I mean they do this for things like HSR transportation or flights. Just because you show up early doesn’t mean you can get on an earlier train or flight. You need to wait till your assigned time.

2 Likes

236,619 doses given yesterday, of which 203,853 were second doses. 4,699,975 are now fully vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/KZclxvOt6X-4AcCGc2A7Lw

6 Likes

So we’re now at 20% fully vaxxed. I guess they’re shooting for 60% fully vaxxed by year’s end. It will be interesting to watch the progress on this goal.

2 Likes

you ever going to reply? because im curious why you didn’t go for the medigen route?

Say what? You’re asking me to explain things I didn’t do?

I could be here all night with that topic. There’s lots of drugs I didn’t take and lots of things I haven’t done! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

you were complaining about how people aren’t taking the vaccines that are available? then you said you couldn’t get a vaccine cos you only chose bnt/moderna, but then earlier you said medigen is available to any adult.

Medigen is indeed available to any adult. So this means what?

If you’re talking about my goals, one of them—in addition to protecting my a&& when Delta finally breaks through here—is to see my folks in my country of birth. One of the conditions of entry without a 14 day quarantine is proof of double vaccination. Alas Medigen is currently not one of the listed vaccines that are accepted in said country. So that was one of the factors I considered. Too bad I’m not from New Zealand as they have OK’d Medigen for folks to enter their lovely land.

But enough about me. How are things with you? :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

im just exposing your self hypocrisy of claiming people need to take any vaccine available

1 Like

Uh, I have posted and answered your queries in good faith.

I’ve also posted what I understood to be factual statements about availability at any given time.

So what’s with the name calling? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Guy

1 Like

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles.

that is not name calling, quit putting words into whatever context you wish.

1 Like

Suit yourself.

Bye for now!

Guy

1 Like

whatever you say, just trying to point out your hypocrisy, but I see you don’t care. Losing credibility is tough.

1 Like

Indeed. Indeed it is.

So is United Biomedical ever getting its shit together or will it always be in this limbo of waiting for approval? A bit interested, and also want to change the topic from the awkward exchange above.

1 Like

That’s not the case at all because Taiwan won’t allow him to take Moderna or whatever after Medigen. If he could first take Medigen to get vaccinated and then get two Moderna to satisfy his entry requirements, you’d have a valid point. Unfortunately the government is too ignorant to allow it.

Poor, poor staff at Flora Expo (Huapo). Seriously, middle aged Taiwanese are a menace. They do not follow instructions…and complain and pick up fights when things do not go their way.

Huge, messy lines of elderly folk. No idea where to stand or which line was AZ or Moderna. Folk lining up hours ahead of their schedule.

It is as if they did it on purpose to sneak in earlier or something… Sigh…

Even officials realize it is like talking to a wall.

1 Like

Such a hurry to get something that really it matters not if you get it now or get it next week.

I’m glad I went with the local clinic.