Costco Thread 2020

Agree. Pecans are nothing like walnuts, and vastly superior.

2 Likes

Oh, the pecans are back in stock by the way.

1 Like

Pecans are darker than walnuts , and are small, oblong and almost flat when removed from the shell.”

“Walnuts have a pale golden brown color”

Walnuts are a better source of Omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, and iron; they also have 1 gram more of protein and polyunsaturated fats.”

1 Like

I thought Walnut was a registered trademark of Walmart…

2 Likes

I thought it was the other way around…

No, Walmart comes from the founders name, Walton. His mother gave him that name because she loved walnuts.

1 Like

Maybe his mother time traveled and bought it at Walmart.

Costco has chocolate ice cream in the food court now. I tried it yesterday, it’s very thick and wasn’t extremely sweet. Overall I think it is good. I would recommend sharing though, as it was too much for just myself.

1 Like

Need to head over to Costco Zhonghe first thing to pick up some things for Thanksgiving dinner tonight.

Any idea what it’s like as soon as they open their doors on a weekday? is it going to be crazy because of black friday deals?

relatively empty in the morning

Thanks, not-that-KMan :slight_smile: The last time I went to Costco was a few weeks ago a little after 11 and it was packed, which I did not appreciate, so I figured next time I go will be just as they open.

Does anyone know if they’ve restocked their gigantic Kirkland bottles of whiskey at the Zhonghe branch? Also, did anyone see pumpkin pie?

They’ve earlier opening hours for Black Friday week, depending on what is on special that day you may find it mental level in the morning.

1 Like

Wait, they’re open before 10 today?

Edit: Okay, I see they’re open in 40 minutes, guess I’d better shuffle off then.

Yep and even earlier for the following 3 days.

From here.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of a lack pecans resulting in a disturbance.

I can confirm this phenomenon

1 Like

well, I guess he just pecan’t

1 Like

Booo

Got there at 8:58AM, was already a line waiting to get in.

They did not have pumpkin pie, so I grabbed one of their chocolate ganache cakes. They had frozen blueberries/strawberries.

Got one of their huge-AF 1.75l blended 12 year scotch whiskey bottles. Like it or not, SO is going to be drunk for most of December.

3 Likes

So a month or so ago, we purchased one of those combo packs of ziplock bags. Lo and behold, two of the four boxes had been emptied of half their contents.

I thought this was the way it was. Mrs. Save did not agree. She insisted we take back the two half-empty boxes. I was doubtful.

Well, in a word: Success.

They didn’t even want an explanation. Just took the two half boxes and completely refunded my purchase price.

Love you Costco,

5 Likes