Costco Thread 2021

“Someone.” Thanks, I feel loved now. :sob:

4 Likes

You really put salt on halloumi? I find it incredibly salty to start out with already - I usually just grill it and eat with some chicken breast or whatever when I can’t be bothered cooking properly, but if I have more than 3-4 slices at once I always worry that I’m ingesting too much salt…

1 Like

I never have, but I’ve never eaten it by itself, always as part of a dish. It strikes me as a bit bland to eat on its own.

1 Like

At least I remembered it!

1 Like

I just want to be a Russett Potato.

My “cooking” discovery of the day: the Costco chicken caesar salad is immensely improved if you take out the chicken, season it, and sear it for a few moments along with the croutons on a griddle pan. Wow. I think it’s my first time eating this that I haven’t felt vaguely like a failure.

This “hack” has probably been obvious to everyone else for years.

2 Likes

Too much work.

no cheese is the perfect thing for your covid nothingburger

Take a tip from the local grannies and add an entire bowl of chopped onions, mustard, and ketchup on top.

1 Like

I mean, the chicken in there is just Costco canned chicken dumped on top. All the chicken from the food court is. Plenty of salt, could always use other flavors

Oh, I’m not pretending it was great cuisine before or after. But it was just one of those kitchen moments: “Huh, why haven’t I been doing that forever?” Like reheating a slice of pizza in a covered frying pan with a sprinkle of oregano (vs in a microwave): a surprising increase in quality for relatively little effort.

2 Likes

I wish I could convince them to put the avocado chicken wraps in the food court. They could sell two for 129 without the enormous plastic box, or 149 with a soda. Then I wouldn’t have a two-foot pile of those boxes in my recycling bin waiting for me to not be lazy for a few minutes and take them downstairs.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, I had a similar moment a couple of days ago - I sprinkled some dried oregano, basil, and black pepper on one of those small Costco frozen pizzas in addition to the extra cheese and salami I normally add. Felt like a real chef haha (I can actually cook better food than this, honest)

1 Like

Costco is very empty looking, on a Sunday no less. Usually there’s a large crowd and lots of cars.

3 Likes

Anyone know how busy the Costco in ZhongHe is lately? I’m contemplating going but I don’t want to waste my time standing in a long line just to get in like last time I went. Thanks!

1 Like

A family member was there around 1pm yesterday, and it was deserted.

2 Likes

Anybody know where to find these Kirkland Organic Cashews? Any Costco from Taipei to Kaohsiung?

https://shopee.tw/Kirkland-Signature-科克蘭-有機原味腰果-1.13公斤-好市多-costco-i.2614586.7440597253

I think Beitou only has regular salted and unsalted.

If it’s a ‘brined’ cheese it means it has some or lots of salt.

You mean the salad or the chicken?