Costco Thread 2021

Is Costco limiting entry now? I haven’t been since just before level 3.

Any more reports on how busy or not stores are? I’m concerned there will be a surge this weekend. Thanks!

Note that if you search “Guandu Costco” or whatever in Google, they can give you a “live” report for how busy it is, with a graph like this. I’ve found it reasonably accurate in the past. You can check in a couple of hours and see how busy it seems to be; there won’t be any live result yet because they don’t open for a few minutes.

4 Likes

Very helpful. Thanks lostinasia!

1 Like

Somebody was actually complaining to the press that Costco Neihu was as crowded as usual.

Was at Zhonghe Costco on Thu. Had to enter from underground and had scan the QR code and show the text msg (one phone per person required). Traffic was about the same for a normal Thursday. Almost everything was in stock. Food court was still serving but no tables.

As an aside, 95% of the stores in Zhonghe/Yonghe are open again (even the day care center?!) Pedestrian traffic is almost back to normal - plenty of old people out walking.

1 Like

Costco Neihu is out of fresh milk. Employee said will only restock tomorrow and they are running out of their daily stock by noon in the past few days. I was there in the early afternoon

Want to buy Costco’s Greek Yogurt but it is not available on their website for delivery. Anybody knows/recommends another way? I don’t want to go buy them in person due to the current situation. I saw some people selling them on Shopee but for around 100-200 NT higher without shipping costs.

Thanks!

I was in Beitou yesterday afternoon, the parking lot was the emptiest I ever saw it. Some items out of stock but most things seemed normal

1 Like

Are they limiting the number of people per card?

They did not seem to be checking cards.

1 Like

I was at the Neihu branch early afternoon on Fri. Was not crowded at all. They were not checking cards as you would enter, but they insist on scanning the QR code and some people were getting checked on that.

1 Like

Well, for anyone looking to brave the rain and head to Guandu, Google tells me it’s pretty empty right now (at least for a Sunday afternoon). They had a walk-through COVID case a few weeks ago now, and I know last week people were telling me “Oh no don’t go there it’ll be too dangerous!” Maybe that’s a (foolish) factor, although of course there is the very sensible factor of “Why go out shopping if you don’t need to?”

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 1.47.58 PM

1 Like

1 member can only bring 1 more person, even if you have 2 adult children. Very strict in Neihu

1 Like

They didn’t check the picture on the card. But they made sure 1+1 person per card only. As I was going up the ramp I heard a group of friends laughing and celebrating that they fooled the staff with old cards (non members anymore among themselves) :roll_eyes:

This is excellent and my wife and I made full use of it tonight. Xizhi Costco this evening a bit past 6 pm was about 1/10 the normal crowd. Lots of social distancing except for a couple of instances. No line checking out. That was nice. A little bit of closeness after checking out with people getting food and some just loitering around for some odd reason. In and out fairly quickly and we loaded up on essentials. I imagine it’s even emptier now at almost 8 pm.

Edit: They didn’t make you do the receipt thing for free parking. I think that was a very good move.

1 Like

Just bought a bag of Russet potatoes at the Xizhi Costco this last Monday.

1 Like

I was hearing that Neihu was pretty busy this past Monday, but quiet over the weekend. My guess is people thinking that it would be busy on weekends some people still have to go to the office) and be quiet on weekdays.

1 Like

Xizhi Costco was pretty packed yesterday. I regret going in as there was almost no one practicing social distancing.

Nonetheless, Costco had 2 employees dedicated to disinfecting the cashier belts and one employee making sure people were 1.5m apart when queuing for take out.

1 Like

Maybe it will be better to go on the weekend for now!

1 Like

By the way, has anyone else noticed that Costco’s Kirkland frozen prawns has been missing from the shelves since May when the outbreak first began? Or is it just me and my luck?