Costco Thread 2021

They’ve been in short supply lately. They get them in, but they go quick!

1 Like

They’re out of the adult-sized crunchy peanut butter jars again. :frowning: Just had the baby-sized jars, which have only about 56.25% as much actual food in them even though they’re charging 30NT more (that’s 7.16%). Net result is the price is about 1.9X as much.

Disclaimer: going by memory on the numbers.

3 Likes

Anyone know if they’ve banned broccoli and broccoli-related products? I finally bought that broccoli-cheese soup last month and liked it, and of course they haven’t restocked it ever since.

Same with frozen broccoli, I’m out and now they just have frozen peas. (I know you can buy fresh broccoli here. It’s ALWAYS moldy though.)

1 Like

Same with the fresh broccoli! I know this is Costco but I’ve seen frozen at carrefour too. Not even close to Costco size but still an option.

They have 3 baby-sized jars of crunchy that cost more than two full-sized jars of creamy, despite the latter being nearly twice as much in terms of size.

1 Like

Which Carrefour? I’ve never seen it at Danshui, and I’ve looked every time.

I wish Costco would ditch the “riced cauliflower” and just get frozen chunks. It’s easy to shred the chunks into tiny fragments if you want the “riced” style, not so much the other direction.

I buy it at Carrefour Guilin. Sometimes, they have the Carrefour brand in a large white bag, my preference, other times I have to settle for a smaller bag that is green with red lettering.

1 Like

i saw it also in the Tianmu store. both the carrefour branded brocolli and the local variety.

1 Like

Zhonghe Costco had multi-colored frozen cauliflower florets a week ago, but it wasn’t there this past weekend.

Everything is backed up due to COVID. Labor shortage, shortage of containers for shipping, surface transport, less trucks.

1 Like

Kirkland shrimp (raw, tail-on, farm raised) was available at Neihu around 1pm with a 2 bag limit per cardholder.

No tail-off variety though.

The entire freezer section seems to be all jumbled. A lot of things are missing that they would normally carry. I can’t go shopping with a list anymore… I just come home with whatever I find.

I’ve had those; the problems are that they’re really bad quality, and for some reason Costco sees fit to charge about 3X as much as normal cauliflower for them. It’s like they’re supposed to be special just because they’re “rainbow” or something.

No sign of them at Guandu, though.

speak for yourself

3 Likes

Is Odd-Even Policy still applied in Costco now? Specifically Guandu, last time I’m there, no checks at all.

it seems like this is a weekly occurrence. Costco covid FRIDAYS.

Anyone know if the circulating fans sold at costco are worth the money vs a regular fan?

Can’t see the advantage of fan that’s blowing at the ceiling. I just bought the one on sale (Heran) at Carrefour, 6 blades, 12 speed. 1490NT$. Quite. Has a remote control.

1 Like

I think the DC ones are supposed to be quieter and somewhat cheaper to run (not that fans cost very much to run anyway).

I suppose it depends on your definition of “worth the money”, but to me NT$3800 seems ridiculously overpriced for a fan (3-5x what I’d be willing to pay, and not an item I’d look to buy imported from Costco when there are numerous local brands). That one looks pretty small too.

Might be worth looking on Shopee. I bought a fan on there recently (NT$690 for 16吋 with free delivery), and remember seeing DC ones too, for way cheaper than the Costco one.

1 Like