Costco Thread 2021

:pleading_face:

FYI: with regards to the Instant Pot Duo SV Chinese edition at Costco: the “yogurt” and “sous vide” buttons are interchanged. So be careful if you’re using the English manual and the buttons printout in that.

1 Like

FoodPanda has almond milk in its grocery store. That and Oatly.

I don’t think so? The sous vide function appears to be the bottom button on the right hand side on both the English and Chinese versions?

https://instantpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Duo-SV-Full-Manual-English-3.pdf

https://instantpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Duo-SV-English-Full-Manual-2020-05-12-INTERACTIVE.pdf

They’ve switched the position since 2019. If you refer to the 1st manual, it’ll be incorrect.

Ah okay. Every picture I’d seen of the English version up to now had the lower layout, with the same positions as the Taiwanese version I have.

Rather specific request: has anyone noticed if the imported sliced deli ham is currently in the Guandu Costco? Or at least was there in the past few days? (It wasn’t there a few weeks ago.)

1 Like

Don’t know about the Guandu one, but I’m on my way to the Zhonghe one at the moment and could check. What does it look like?

2 Likes

Nah don’t worry about it if it’s a different branch. But thanks!

1 Like

Last time I was in Zhonghe they had 2 packs and I took one… expiration date 4/16.

I hope to find more later. There is a round cut local ham and a square one…none available lately. Also no imported ham. :cry:

I saw several types of ham today but not sure which ones they were (not really a fan of ham, and was buying some pork tenderloin for roast dinner and Boston butt for pulled pork, so figured I’d leave the rest of the pig alone).

2 Likes

The sliced one is good enough for breakfast sandwiches/wraps.

So I noticed after I got home that the chicken-avocado wraps had dropped in price by 30NT, and then after eating one I realized it didn’t have avocado in it any more. It still tasted pretty bland, which is odd because avocado doesn’t add much flavor. Now I realize that THEY ALSO DELETED THE BACON BITS. THOSE BASTARDS. THIS AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND, MAN!!!

3 Likes

I went to Neihu last Friday and to my surprise, not packed on a Friday night.

I haven’t been back in over a month or so, but the last time I went, they switched to reusable silverware. Now, dine-in now has reusable plates and cups. About time Costco.

1 Like

Went to the Zhonghe costco yesterday evening to stock up in anticipation of new pandemic restrictions. It wasn’t crowded, though they had stopped serving samples. The food court tables were set up as normal. Optimum Nutrition protein Isolate was $400 off so we stocked up.

1 Like

And today the avocados and bacon were back! HAH! They caved in a week!

Guandu was completely packed. They’d even run out of a lot of items.

Not at Guandu. They even removed the napkins. And all of the condiments. In addition to removing all of the tables.

2 Likes

Neihu was also packed and running out of essentials.

1 Like

This is the stupid result of panic.
Supply chains are running normal. There is no shortage or delay in goods being shipped to Taiwan.

People going crazy and panic buying will cause short term empty shelves, but they will be restocked the next day.

So dumb. And placing yourself and others at risk by causing a crowed during a possible covid community surge…idiotic. They are just fanning the flames :fire:

5 Likes

In a way going to Costco in a rush is rational at the moment - more rational than panic-buying toilet paper at the local supermarket. Some of the possible emergency measure regulations keep people off public transit - you’re stuck with driving or walking. If those go into effect - a very big if, of course! - then people may be stuck with whatever’s close by, and Costco may be hard or impossible to get to.

So, yeah, I’m thinking of heading there tomorrow. If things do hit the fan, I’m going to want those giant bottles of olive oil, boxes of canned diced tomatoes, coffee beans, and so on.

What he said,most true!

News having a field day…