Costco Thread 2022

Yeah, me too - everything is already crammed inside a backpack and they just draw a quick red line. I think they’re mostly just checking we haven’t stolen a TV or some other high-value item anyway.

1 Like

I don’t believe they are treating local and foreign customers any different when looking at QR codes scanned or not. Some foreigners here like to look for perceived discrimination or double standards.

9 Likes

Yup all the times I’ve seen Taiwanese walk right into stores (without scanning half the time) but mine has to be checked is all in my head. :roll_eyes:
Denying xenophobia and racism won’t make it go away magically.
Not to mention they blame forgeiners for spreading COVID when it was them.

1 Like

Have never experience that in all the times visiting Costco. They checked everyone and stopped an old Taiwan couple behind me once because he didn’t have his card.

3 Likes

i almost never got asked for my card at the entrance, only at the cashier. but they do check the acanned QR codes.

2 Likes

Sorry my latest comment was in references to all stores not just Costco. I should have clarified. I think I remember a few other people awhile back talked about it. The problem is people like to deny other people’s experience like it never happened. It’s not helpful to claim something didn’t happen because it didn’t happen to someone else.

Lucky :duck:

I believe it’s either/or - most people scan the QR code and send the message, but you’re also allowed to present your Costco card and they’ll scan that for you.

They’ll scan you were there? Maybe I’ll just hand my Costco card to them. I’ll try today if I stop procrastinating what I actually need to do.

I haven’t tried it myself but I saw an older lady do it in front of me the other day.

I do wonder if this is based off locations. I’m a bit scared I’ll look like a twat now but hate showing my phone and card.

Maybe a dumb question but has anyone ordered the English muffins online? I can’t seem to find them

I can’t see them in Costco’s website; I’m not sure if they deliver any breads anyway. For example, the bagels seem to be in-store only.

English muffins - quite likely the same ones that Costco sells - are on Florida Bakery’s website; I’ve never ordered from them, but I believe other people have - @Aikaili, maybe? One of their locations may be convenient for you.

It looks like Florida bakery is five in a bag, which I’d say is better than the Costco option anyway. It took a LONG time to use up that giant Costco bag of English muffins in the freezer.

1 Like

Costco’s are made by I-Mei, and you can get them in bags of 6 there. I’m sure Florida makes their own.

2 Likes

Ah, so maybe that’s changed then. I remember several years ago I had a very big bag in the freezer, and it took a long time to get through.

But it was also one of those things where the first few eggs & English muffins were great, and after that, eh, I didn’t want them anymore. A not unusual experience with Costco shopping.

3 Likes

I could eat toasted English muffins with peanut butter or cheese every day no problem

2 Likes

I haven’t seen eggs at Costco since before CNY. Have they given up on carrying them?

I’ve saw some two weeks back.

Did you find out if your wife had been lying to you about egg prices to build up a divorce fund?

I found out that my wife always buys the most expensive ones because she equates price with quality.

Why are some 6 nt and others 11? I assumed that the expensive ones were free range. I still don’t know.

4 Likes

I’ve been buying the expensive eggs at Costco because they’re large and the yolks are very reddish/orange. In the US I only get yolks that color from the farmer’s market.

1 Like

Speaking of dairy goods prices and whether or not it gets you better quality, is there anything special about butter with the “grass-fed” label? Costco has just started selling some new (salted) butter from NZ with that label. Don’t remember the exact price, but I think it was more expensive than the usual stuff, or at least more expensive by weight, in a smaller package.