Costco Thread 2022

Ground beef was available Tuesday this week. I noticed they were out of frozen berries (both mixed and blueberries), whole grain sliced bread, lettuce, and apple cider vinegar.

3 Likes

Got to join the bread making group :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Costco locations vary. I have to go today. It’s less busy, but I wonder if the meat is sold out earlier.

If anyone has been to Costco since the QR code scanning was abolished, are they just letting people go in as before now? I assume we don’t need to be using the contact tracing app or anything? (I’d prefer not to be notified I stood near someone with the plague, tbh.)

I went to Zhonghe Costco Saturday. They just let you walk right in. No more lines going up the ramp and showing your phone/scanning member cards.

4 Likes

Just walk on in. No qr required

2 Likes

Just walked into XiZhi, someone shouting to have your membership card out to show but no one actually doing it.

1 Like

Really? They’re very strict about that at the Nankan Costco.

1 Like

I’m always holding my card at the entrance to the Guandu Costco, but they don’t seem to care. They DO care when I pay, however.

3 Likes

I joined Costco in Taiwan 5 or 6 years ago, but I’ve not been back for a few years, and so the membership has lapsed.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to re-activate the membership, or do I need to apply again?
I’ve still got the old card.

If I can re-activate, are there any special procedures to follow, or can I re-activate it by simply adding the annual fee when I’m paying for purchases at the check-out till?

yes, possible to reactivate, not sure if you can do it at the cashier’s or need to go to the service desk.
i was able to do it at the cashier’s, but my card was only 2 or 3 weeks after expiring, 5 years after…

1 Like
4 Likes

:scream:

Costco has pepperoni pizza and Cheerios honey bars now.

1 Like

Had that yesterday. By far their best variety.

2 Likes

i like the combo one, has a good ratio of ingredients

3 Likes

today’s shortages :
no chicken breast
no potatoes
no minced beef
no berry blend (only blueberries and strawberries )

(Guandu store)

1 Like

Any mixed peppers? None there last week.

didnt see, but TBH wasnt looking…maybe ive missed it

1 Like

good news though…
the Kirkland salted butter in the blue box is back.

1 Like