Costco Thread 2024

In Costco Chiayi saw two police officers on scooters removing number plates on a vehicle. In the covered car park. Maybe someone had expired registration car only looked like a recent model

They wouldn’t do that unless they had a good reason. Expired plate is a DMV, not police matter. Also all the police would do is issue citations.

It’s likely the plate doesn’t match the vehicle, ie stolen plate. Or they were looking for the plate and it doesn’t match the vehicle.

More bad press for Costco

3 Likes

How surprising that the focus of the article is Costco, and the apparently Taiwan-based packing plant that’s presumably really responsible is just mentioned in passing. :roll:

9 Likes

Saw this on sale at the Xizhi Costco today. I would say the statues are about 1 meter in height. It’s wack in so many different ways. I don’t know where to start.

7 Likes

Costco foods have taken a nosedive. The only pizza I can buy is either seafood or that dry chicken crap. I could get cheese but it’s the entire pizza and that’s way too much food.

I just get the beef roll if I’m there.

Their soup have shrunk in size (they did reduce the price but still)

I’m getting three!

2 Likes

Why don’t you just freeze the leftover quarter or have it for breakfast the next day?

2 Likes

:moyai:

1 Like

I could, but the problem is, that pizza box is quite large and awkward to take on the MRT, and furthermore frozen and reheated pizza just don’t taste the same.

It tastes better

1 Like

I don’t know, it dries out when I reheat them, so I don’t like it as much.

As a treat after shopping (i.e., not every day), I find the food very satisfying. I got a hot dog, drink, and the clam chowder soup today for less than a McDonald’s meal. There’s also some satisfaction felt as a result of spending so little on lunch.

3 Likes

I wish they’d bring back the decent cheddar cheese or the blueberries rather than importing useless shit like this. :roll:

4 Likes

The soup needs pepper

1 Like

They’re common in pet stores as aquarium decorations, also. I figure it is like how western people might have a decorative Buddha in the garden or fish tank, but to people from a Buddhist culture that would be wack

1 Like

Seconded on the cheader cheese. I guess thats what you get when the buyers dont eat cheese.

Pate too!

1 Like

?

2 Likes

Pâté

Food

[image]

[image]

[image]

Chicken Liver Pate Recipe (Creamy & Easy!) - Wholesome Yum

Vietnamese Chicken Liver Pâté Gan Gà - Beyond Sweet and Savory

Chicken Liver Pâté | Saveur

Terrine de Canard (Duck Pate) from scratch - wilfriedscooking

Duck Liver Pâté Recipe | Epicurious

Crusted Pâté (Spain) - Cookidoo® – the official Thermomix ...

How to Make Chicken Liver Pate

What Is Pâté?

Pâté recipes | BBC Good Food

What Is Pâté? | Cooking School | Food Network

Country Pâté – Leite's Culinaria

Chicken Liver Pate | America's Test Kitchen Recipe

Pâté is a forcemeat, sometimes enclosed in a crust. Common forcemeats include ground meat from pork, poultry, fish or beef; fat, vegetables, herbs, spices and either wine or brandy. It is typically served as an appetizer, on or with bread or crackers. Wikipedia
…

They used to carry it. Very disappointed to see it go.

3 Likes

I thought pate was always liver based.