COVID-19 Booster Shots in Taiwan

No issues with in-laws who were exactly at 5 months today. 7/15 → 12/15
Why would they be so pedantic about 24h?

1 Like

Ha. Have you met hospital bureaucracies?!

14 hours in. So far everyone out of 4 people has discomfort in the shoulder area. Only my wive has a slight body temperature increase. She took a day off tomorrow.
If I get anything it will be during the coming night.

5 Likes

Good luck!

I’ve been looking for an excuse to sign up for Disney+. This booster shot may provide it.

4 Likes

Yes, unfortunately. Both kids were born in Taiwanese hospital…

2 Likes

Last night was normal.
Today I feel a bit under the weather. Taking it easy.
Nothing unexpected.

4 Likes

That was the same as the wife and I, should be right as rain tomorrow fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Hi,
I arrived in Taiwan at the beginning of the month, just got out of my 14 days quarantine.
I had two shots of the pfizer vaccine back home, the second one was a little more than 5 months ago, on July 7th.

I have the EU covid vaccine certificate as proof of vaccination.

Do you folks know if I am eligible for a booster shot here in Taiwan?

If you have documentation of your vaccination in the EU, I am confident you can get the booster here in Taiwan. If you’re unsure where to go, call 1922 (the COVID hotline), explain your situation, and ask them where to go. They will try to help.

Guy

1 Like

The question for me is how they’re handling people who aren’t in the national health insurance system yet. The hospital registrations I’ve seen require an ARC number. If you’ve got that, I’d just try registering at one of them and see what happens. If you haven’t got an ARC, then yeah, call 1922 as @afterspivak said above.

3 Likes

I used to have an ARC and national health insurance membership but I left Taiwan for a few years and just came back on a new resident visa (wife is Taiwanese).

I will go ask for a new ARC first thing once I finish my 7 days at home self-health management.

I’ll try securing a booster shot once I get it then.

2 Likes

Great thanks!

Yup - I have no doubt they’d be fine for the first or second shot. But I’m not sure how they’d fit in the still-new booster program.

The authorities have said pretty clearly: every one here (citizen or noncitizen) over 18 is eligible five months after the second shot. Remember it used to be six months. Given developments outside of Taiwan, if sufficient Moderna stock is available it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they shortened the interval again, as other countries are doing now.

But this would again be dependent on Moderna actually delivering the goods on order for 2022. We shall see . . .

Guy

4 Likes

48h after getting the Moderna booster I am back to normal. Overall the symptoms were mild.
I recommend to take one day off after the vaccination or get it before a weekend.

7 Likes

Just got the booster at Danshui MacKay. Far, far more streamlined than the two AZ shots at Taipei MacKay back in spring and summer.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Glad to hear this went smoothly.

Guy

1 Like

Twenty hours post-Moderna booster: arm is a little sore. Insomnia last night - woke up from around 3am to 5am. But, that happens to me two or three times a week anyway! That’s about it. Maybe I have a wee bit of a headache? Maybe I feel a little off? But no different from a typical poor night’s sleep. So, like with my second shot of AZ, I’m apparently one of the luckier ones with negligible side effects.

Unless they hit later, but I’ve read very few accounts like that.

Last night vs. a typical Friday: I made sure to drink a little more water (thus guaranteeing I’d wake up in the middle of the night, stupid middle-aged bladder), and avoided the usual Friday night libation. I have no idea if it was necessary to avoid alcohol, but it seemed like a good idea.

6 Likes

That’s weird. I was in and out for both of my AZ shots in less than five minutes. No one even suggested I wait. Hospital or clinic?