Covid-19 Research Thread

Japan will use blood donation system to evaluate antibody test kits.

2 Likes

That’s fascinating. Stay away from. The direction of the AC.

1 Like

Here’s another infection seating plan, out of a study of a call center office in Korea: blue is people who were infected. The study doesn’t focus on how the disease was transmitted, but the two seating plans certainly seem to suggest that being close for prolonged periods of time is a bad idea - and maybe suggests that surface-contact isn’t as important a means of transmission? (I.e. worry about your fellow passengers currently breathing alongside you on the MRT, and not so much about the passenger who used the same handlebar as you a few minutes ago.)

Different aspect of the study: 97 confirmed with Covid-19; “only 4 (1.9%) remained asymptomatic within 14 days of quarantine”. These rates of how many remain asymptomatic are all over the damn place.

CDC Paper:
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/8/20-1274_article

1 Like

Is Global BCG Vaccination Coverage Relevant To The Progression Of SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7136957/

3 Likes

I’d like to see these plots updated.
The numbers in many countries aren’t the same anymore…

Up to April 15

4 Likes

Written by our very own CECC, published by JAMA.

1 Like

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04370782

Trials for hydroxychloroquine plus zinc and azithromycin are going, but it the trial won’t be concluded until October… That’s a long way to go.

Does Germany have mandatory BCG vaccination?

Germany: The BCG vaccine neither mandatory nor recommended. Mass vaccination was performed from 1961 until 1998.

My sisters children never got it. Not recommended by doctors in Germany.
My kids in Taiwan received it.

1 Like

Not recommended?!
Why?

The main issue with this set of graphics and data is that the number of countries having optional BCG are too few compared to mandatory BCG vaccine to base anything solid on. At least in this set of data.

Iiuc and rc, their conclusion is there might be a correlation between BCG and covid 19, so it may be worth to study it.

I went to the data and I couldn’t tell exactly how many countries sat in both groups that they used. Also I’d like to see the names of the countries. They are using data sources such as wikipedia…

Anyway I guessed right the number of countries that don’t have mandatory vaccination for BCG makes it more difficult to do a good statistical assessment.

I see why folks may get excited about Italy and UK but there could other factors at play there. Australia and NZ also not mandatory but they have almost no cases now.
Sweden has far more deaths than its neighbours because it is allowing people out and about etc etc.

A has mandatory vaccination
B and C, partial or none.

source (German)

1 Like

Didn’t say what the motive was. Personal jealousy? CCP operation?

It will be a mystery. Seems like a cover-up operation. I think possibly there were two killers. And the second killer tied up the loose end. Or maybe I just watch too much TV. :laughing:

12 Monkeys

Ex-lovers or love rivals. Doesn’t mention this guy had any family.

1 Like