COVID Humbug! (2022 edition)

This is the thing.

• A uploads a clip to Whatever with a comment like “isn’t this ironic?” assuming people will find the context/subtext obvious and therefore get it.
  • B gets it, finds it amusing, and shares it.
  • C doesn’t get it but thinks he does, so he shares it with a message stating a totally incorrect context.
  • D sees that C is wrong and says so.
  • E doesn’t bother scrolling down to D’s caveat and shares it with the same message as C.
  • F says woah you’re not getting it E, didn’t you see what D wrote?
  • G appears out of nowhere sharing the version from C with the incorrect context.
  • H has too many messages to check and scrolls past all of them, ending up at G’s message, and totally freaks out.
  • I says woah there G & H, we’ve been over this already.

And so on. This is what mods (not to mention repost police) are for, but the interwebs are too damn big, and ain’t nobody got that much free time! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

For a minute there I thought, “OMG, the space octopus is right, incompetence and bloatware will save the day!”. But then I thought … hang on a sec, Gates made his fortune by rolling out shite software that just barely worked, but was functional enough that people would accept that it was riddled with bugs and hand over their money.

That’s exactly the sort of supplier who works well with goverments. Check out the history of Crapita.

Oh I agree he’s very good at making money. He’s King of Kapitalists! :rainbow: :moneybag: :crown: That doesn’t mean he’s qualified for planetary domination though. It’s really not as easy as you people make it look in your Earth movies. Sooner or later he’ll screw up big-league. They always do.

The thing is that there’s screwing up and there’s screwing up. If the vax passes were reliably unreliable, the peasants would start getting fractious. It’d be really hard to get the compliant to comply if it proved impossible to throw them their scraps from the table.

If they only failed 10% of the time, and were reasonably impervious to being hacked, and were rolled out in record time, that’d meet the requirements.

What would be absolutely terrifying is if they’ve already got a product in hand that they’ve had developed by very competent people, that’s been quietly tested for years, and is military-grade bombproof.

Scrolling down that page I came across this interesting clip:

In which Zahawi claims that masks stop COVID, and answers the objection “but there’s not much evidence that that’s true” with “yes, but we’re rolling out lots of boosters [so it doesn’t matter if masks work or not]”, and “we’ll justify ourselves in our own good time”.

In other words, they’re going to experiment on children, without their consent … twice. Even though they know at least one of those experiments is entirely pointless.

Skip to about the 2:15 mark if you don’t want to listen to him flapping his mouth about nothing.

1 Like

Okay how’s this for critical thinking? These quotes are verbatim.

True. That comes across as you should test morning, noon, and night, every day, for the rest of eternity, which is preposterous. But objectively speaking, she’s not wrong.

Followed soon after by…

:wall:

Source (about 8 or 9 minutes in):
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1961983043633

1 Like

Setting the stage for some “brilliant inventor” to unleash the injectable bio-powered real-time bio-monitoring device that also happens to include your unique global ID that can be scanned to access all information about you.

You mean microchips in a vaccine? :wink:

I used to roll my eyes at that one. But since all the other conspiracy theories have panned out, I’m starting to wonder.

:popcorn:

LOL, not quite there yet. Although, I don’t believe it’s impossible.

I would say something like a grain of rice that can be injected into the epidermis like they already do with pets.
https://www.homeagain.com/microchipping.html

APRIL 3, 2017 10:15 AM PT

2017/1/12

It’s one of those things. Just because DVD’s didn’t exist when a law or contract about filmstrips and VCR tapes was written, that doesn’t necessarily mean DVD’s aren’t also covered.

Damn. That sounds painful.

It’s totally incredible that people queue up for this shit, particularly in Sweden. One little step at a time, and you can get them to do anything.

Not so much, apparently. According to the article, there are screams less than 50% of the time. All good then!

The process lasts a few seconds, and more often than not, there are no screams and barely a drop of blood.

2 Likes

Six months from now, I reckon there will be hordes of these people hectoring the unchipped. “What’s wrong with you? It’s just a little jab! It’s for the good of society!”

EDIT: I was just thinking, many years ago, as an idealistic student, I was diligently studying neurophysiology and artificial neural networks (the two don’t have much in common, incidentally) with the fond hope that one day I’d be interfacing machines to humans so that we could replace missing limbs and suchlike. At the time I was thinking you could use intracellular concentration gradients to direct nanoscale deposition of conductors into nerve tissue. Turns out they did something very like that a couple of years ago, and when I read that, I thought “what on earth was student-me thinking?”. I’ve gone from being a technology-idealist to being a complete Luddite, mainly because daft 25-year-olds don’t seem to understand what their puppetmasters are doing with the exciting technology they’re creating.

There are some things man was not meant to wot of, what.

1 Like

Black Mirror already explained it, years ago. The unchipped will be seen as quaint eccentrics, like nudists, and will face the kind of annoyances in everyday life that people face now for, say, not having zombiephones.

They wouldn’t even need to disqualify them from running for office, because who would vote for a crazy person?

ETA: Damn, not just a few years, a decade! :grandpa:

2 Likes

There was a movie with a similar premise in the 1980s (people could record, buy and sell memories). Can’t remember what it was called - had Christopher Walken in it.

This one?

1 Like

That trusting corporation Pfizer - what are they trying to hide?:

2 Likes

Can this really amount to half a million pages? Surely that includes trial data in some form rather than writeups? I hope they’re not going to release it as pages so that it’s impossible to import for analysis.

I do wonder how much of this is just for show. There seems to be two parallel threads going on here in the public sphere: one in which everyone is backpedalling, telling half-assed versions of the truth, and backing away from extreme measures; and another in which all the same old shit (vaccine mandates, vaccine passports) just proceeds quietly in the background, even when they know full well it’s (a) illegal (c) unsupported by any public health justification and (c) opposed by a sizeable minority.

It seems to me they’ve already established that they can do absolutely anything they want, and it doesn’t matter now how many (contradictory) facts are released.

There has definitely been a change in the headlines recently concerning with or of.

In the past, it was 97 covid deaths.

Now they are covid related.

Almost feels like they are doing this on purpose:

Dr Mike Yeadon on GB News.