COVID Humbug! (2022 edition)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Repost of the Day (for real this time!)

The star thing is insane - I saw that yesterday. Of course it’s always a bit hard to tell if this stuff is for real or not. I assume it’s in the UK if she’s tagging Nawaz, and if it’s a thing I’m sure corroboration will pop up online.

Interesting thing about the “mask mandates” for kids - apparently, buried in the legalese, it’s a recommendation only, but bug-eyed fanatical teachers are telling children that they have to wear them. If nothing else, COVID has highlighted the fact that formal education has a strong propaganda/compliance agenda, and is only partly about instilling knowledge.

1 Like

Just like they did with the testing. A lot of teachers made out it had to be done but you could opt out.

1 Like

It’s been some time since they used the phrase “COVID death”. Some lawyer must have pointed out to them that they couldn’t say that because it wasn’t true. The standard clumsy phrase was always used: “died within 28 days of a positive test”. In other words: “we’re lying about this, you know we’re lying, but we’re going to keep lying anyway”. “Coronavirus related” seems to hit that sweet spot where it’s not actually a lie, but conveys the desired idea.

Someone must be making an absolute shitload of money out of those tests. Wanna bet how many of Boris’s and Javid’s little chums from school are in the supply chain?

1 Like

Welcome to the dark side, DrewC. Would you like to order an official Humbug Thread tinfoil hat?

I’m not on your side. Your views on the vaccines are a 180 to mine. I’m just against stupidity like this. As I’ve said before, I’m pro-vaccine, generally against-enhanced restrictions/ lockdown, etc.

This isn’t about “sides”. I don’t give a rat’s ass who takes vaccines and who doesn’t (as long as they’re given a choice in the matter). But once you start seeing stupidity in one place, it can’t be unseen.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

He also does a stunning line of tinfoil brooches and cufflinks etc. if you’re not yet willing to fully commit.

2 Likes

Well, I do need a shoehorn.

1 Like

And don’t forget, we have @cake.

2 Likes

Anyone know anything about this? I saw it in a FB group.

There are other links:

Telegram: Contact @taiwanguardians (Telegram)

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll look into this.

I predict mass arrests and/or draconian fines. Despite the general warm-and-fuzzy picture of benign incompetence that the authorities like to project, I don’t think dissent on this matter will be tolerated. Dentist Chen’s position as the boy with his finger in the dyke (fnar) is precarious.

1 Like

1 Like

And there are people still in darkness,
And they just can’t see the light.
If you don’t say it’s wrong then that says it right.
We got try to feel for each other, let our brothers know that we care.
Got to get the message, send it out loud and clear.

None of us are free.
None of us are free.
None of us are free, one of us are chained.
None of us are free.

Vaccinated don’t have to isolate if in contact with a case but unvaccinated do in the Uk. So now IKEA and some others will only pay statutory sick pay to those who have to isolate because they are a contact in the Uk. The argument should be with the government rule not the companies in my opinion.

What was interesting is how the article throws in info like citi group and delta have no jab, no job polices. They are American Companies but they make it seem like this will become standard in the uk.

Last year, supermarket Morrisons cut sick pay terms, while several companies, including banking giant Citigroup, introduced a “no jab, no job” policy. Delta Airlines imposed a surcharge on unvaccinated staff members of its healthcare plan.

The bbc is trying to create the impression that you won’t get a job without a jab soon in the Uk.

This happened here on the west coast during the last delta outbreak. An Indonesian working on a turbine rig offshore was seriously injured and he died waiting on the paramedics to figure out Covid protocols. According to my sources (site supervisors) it took the paramedics over two hours to respond because they didn’t want to break Covid protocols and the guy bled out. It was big news in the local offshore construction sector and the guys who told me about it will not be coming back to TW until Covid is over.

3 Likes

That’s horrible. The cnuts who make this stuff happen have to answer in court for what they’ve done to people’s heads. When people are afraid to stop someone dying for fear of being fined, something is very badly wrong.

3 Likes

You have to be kidding me. Prima donna much? I can safely assume you have never, and will probably never have to endure the kind of suffering resulting from structural discrimination that the singer you are quoting had to endure. You conflating the comparatively mild inconveniences and injustices COVID has caused today with what Burke is alluding to undoubtedly conveys that you are out of touch and frankly, blinded by privilege that you are most certainly too sensitive to see and draw implications from.

It is like you really REALLY want to feel persecuted and lied to, and convince others they are being persecuted and lied to as well.

The good news is that, thankfully, reality is not as dark and sinister as you think it is, and want everyone to think it is!

1 Like

I think that rant belongs in the “mass psychosis thread”.

Reality is probably a lot darker than I think it is. If you think all is just fine and dandy, I’d say you’ve got your head so firmly wedged in the sand that you’ll need more than a bucket and spade to release it.

And don’t give me lectures about ‘structural discrimination’. I know what it feels like, thanks very much. It’s one reason I hate phrases like ‘structural discrimination’, and people using it to deflect attention from actual problems, like fascism.

2 Likes