😷 COVID - Taiwan | Home Quarantine

Again why not ? Let them be fined heavily. Why exactly are you hesitating ?

It’s not a couple of hundred thousand.

It’s probably some dead bodies. Take your pick.

3 Likes

Maybe @Arth wants a couple of weeks off work too, when all the apartment block need to quarantine.

1 Like

No security here, a small building.

Then call 1922 before you all end up stuck at home

2 Likes

Since this reply was from Jan, I’d like to know if it is still valid. If I come back with a minor but only 1 bathroom for a 2 bedroom apartment we can’t quarantine together because there must be a separate bathroom for each?

Currently trying to reach 1922 but I’ve been put on hold for over 20 minutes listening to the instrumental waiting music that is driving me insane already.

@everyone, any other opinions before I call 1922?

Good luck calling them I gave up after waiting for over 20 minutes without a single human on sight to pick up my call. Will try later.

Lol

First all of take videos. Lots of them.

Have another witness.

Then call.

2 Likes

the latest Q&A says, there should be a separate bathroom for each person.

If you know them well, a polite message stuck on the door might do the trick. Something along the lines of “be careful, I’m not going to snitch on you, but sooner or later somebody probably will. If you need any help let me know.”

While I agree people ought to bloody well do their quarantine as instructed, I thoroughly dislike the way the State is encouraging the curtain-twitchers. And huge fines are uncalled for unless you can show that someone breaking quarantine is actually positive. Fining someone for a purely hypothetical harm undermines some fundamental and important legal principles.

Press F

1 Like

That sucks. In hotels couples stay in the same room.
At home with a minor must have a separate bathroom :thinking:

Good point. Evidence is needed right? Otherwise my word means nothing.

That’s reasonable sir.

You are not allowed to leave your flat during the quarantine.

2 Likes

for minors, there are exceptions. you may need to contact to the home quarantine care service center of local government, and get a permit or something. if Taipei, you can call 1999.

1 Like

19 posts were split to a new topic: Legality and Enforcement of Covid Rules and Regulations

I don’t know guys, maybe something’s wrong with me. I live in a nice apartment and have a child, I don’t want to move for at least a year and don’t want any stress from the neighbors. Maybe you guys are right. Luckily I have a wonderful landlady who sent them a warning message, they denied. I saw it with my own eyes lol. Next time it’ll be camera, and I’ll be waiting.

6 Likes

No, food is left outside the apartment door, and then they can quickly get it. No going down the hallways or to the main entrance.

2 Likes