😷 COVID - Taiwan | Home Quarantine

I just asked the MP. He said you can still quarantine at home if you sign an affidavit saying you meet the requirements for home quarantine

https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/Default1?openExternalBrowser=1

6 Likes

Do you mean the quarantine in Taiwan ?
I have not heard anything about it but if it is true, that is a great news.

Thanks for posting this.

Today is the 26th, the new rules apply from tomorrow. Let’s see if they will change the form then.

Minister Chen didn’t mention anything about this affidavit just now during the conference when announcing details about the new rule. I really hope they keep this affidavit option open.

UPDATE: Minister Chen just confirmed at 14:30 even 1 person home quarantine is completely cancelled. There is no affidavit option.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

This is pathetic, looks like they now want to show to the people that they are working hard. They had a year and a half to get ready, did not do anything…

5 Likes

I see it as what they where doing for a year and a half was working, now it’s not so they changed it.

3 Likes

They’ve changed the form (removed the affidavit clause) officially

Also

4 Likes

Dammit! Ok. Will get more details

That would be nice, but no.

it was collect when it was stated.

That’s ridiculous. People quarantining at home hasn’t been a problem. Yeah, a few people skipped and were caught and fined, but why are we in this mess again? Yeah, wasn’t the home quarantiners.

I definitely think people should be allowed to quarantine at home. They can always increase fines for breaking the quarantine, increase the visits to make sure people are at home. I did my quarantine last year in my flat, /I live on my own/. I had three times the police coming and checking on me. They called me every day to check if I was fine. Don’t understand what is wrong with it now…

Actually, I wonder if this is the hotel lobby at work – no one can travel within Taiwan, so why not require everyone coming back from abroad to quarantine at their own expense? Pathetic.

6 Likes

A lot of places are charging $2000 a day or more for basically a hole in the wall with no windows and 711 meals. Plus a much higher risk of getting and spreading covid while in the hotel rather than at home.

But yes I think you’re on to something there.

1 Like

I haven’t even thought of that. But that might be a possibility. The government wouldn’t have to pay hotels anything in stimulus package.

Countries like Germany paid a percentage of the normal average revenue in such periods to hotel as well as restaurants. If I remember correctly it was about 60% of whatever they would make had they not close.

Even, as you say, 3rd world country, Brazil, paid all citizens and business a bunch of money during the crisis. Taiwan came up with the 3 bei jian vouchers and the 10k per little children…

My brother-in-law is lucky. He made it back just before the change.

1 Like

Quite a lot of people skip,we just catch a small percentage of them

I believe it’s a response to the Delta variant outbreak in Pingtung where the next door neighbor got infected by the grandma coming back from Peru – the only “contact” they had was they took out the trash at the same time, and they were at least 1 meter apart, unless someone is lying.

2 Likes