šŸ˜· COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

OK, this sounds like a stupid question, but has anybody been to the airport recently, and do they know if that spinning machine that wraps the bag in plastic is available? I want to ā€˜tapeā€™ some things to the outside of my pack and lock it in using that spinning plastic machine (Iā€™ve never used one before).

Iā€™ve noticed many services at the airport havenā€™t been in operation, I just canā€™t remember if this was one of them.

Many thanks.

Question for the folks who have traveled recently into places that require proof of vaccination. If you are coming from Taiwan, which is your proof of choice? Digital? If so which? Little yellow booklet?

I have brought the ā€œlittle yellow bookletā€ plus a printed copy of Taiwanā€™s digital vaccine certificate, which is now available in both EU-friendly and US/Canada/Japan-friendly formats:

https://dvc.mohw.gov.tw/

When I travelled to Canada, I took a photo of both (the digital vaccine certificate is a locked PDF) and uploaded both to the now-defunct ArriveCan app. I also carried hard copies of both in case of a digital failure.

Guy

3 Likes

I travelled to the US recently. At TPE the airport staff asked me to sign a statement saying that Iā€™ve been vaxxed while I was checking in, but the immigration at JFK didnā€™t ask for any proof.

But you are a citizen. Non citizens have to provide proof of vaccination.

A citizen of what? Iā€™m not a US citizen.

Thought you were double nationality holder, like many on this site. ROC (Taiwan) US.

So, for flying back to Taiwanā€¦ is there anything required? test results? apps? covid passport? hopefully nothing apart from you ARCā€¦

Idk what itā€™s like for foreigners but when I flew back nothing was required. They would give you a rapid test kit for free at the airport though.

1 Like

Awesome. One more for my private collection.

3 Likes

Same for foreigners, recently had friends transferring in Taiwan and they went out from the airport for 5h without any certificates, tests etc.
Theyā€™ve still got 4 test kits each. 1 test every hour I guess :smiley:

1 Like

Is two hours enough now or do we still have to be at the airport at least 3 hours before departure?

ytd brought my fianceā€™e to the airport, in our case took less than 20 mins to check in (ok, she was flying business, but document check is basically back to normal procedures), but the line was long for economy (turkish airlines). 2 hours will suffice, so you wonā€™t wait too long airside (unless you have access to a lounge to get drunk haha).

Those of us who fly economy only drink water from the fountain.

These days u can get to lounges in many ways, like with credit cards.

Anyways, 2 hrs now are more than enough to check in, 3 hrs you would wait too long airside.

Two hours is more than enough, IMO. With three hours youā€™re just wasting your time.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone and Happy new year to you all!
I hope everyoneā€™s doin great!

Can anyone tell me it is still necessary to book a quarantine hotel upon returning back to taiwan?
Is quarantine still mandatory?
If I am renting an apartment and I am all alone in the apartment, Do I still need to find a quarantine hotel? Or Iā€™m good to stay on my apartment for self monitoring?

Thanks!

No, no, no, and yes. (Assuming youā€™re not coming from China.)

I have to read again my post and align your answers accordingly lmao.
Anyways thanks man! :slight_smile:

Just a heads up, from Taipei Ladies group:

PSA: If anyone is traveling this weekend to leave Taiwan LEAVE EARLY. Like VERY EARLY. Like 3 hours is not enough early. The airport is a circus! So many of my friends have missed flights yesterday and today due to enormous lines that move at a snail speed. And they arenā€™t holding flights for people who come late, meaning people are getting rebooked but flights are sold out.

The Great Winter Migration has startedā€¦plus EVA baggage handlers threatening strike.

3 Likes