Covid vaccines for children?

There is no 0 risk in anyone of anything at any given time.

Ok. I can agree with this.

Hopefully you are very good at identifying co-morbidities. You’re making the assumption that if a child has a condition that’s always been identified before they contract covid. Or that co-morbidities are the only reason for complications when we know the risk of myocarditis is greater with covid than the vaccine. Not putting a child’s health and safety first when you have the option is mad.

2 Likes

Such certainty. I’d want to insert a “maybe” in there.
Edit: don’t have time, but there is this from early last year.

2 Likes

If comorbities aren’t spotted they are untreated morbidities

We’re so far apart on this there is no common ground. I assume you consider me to be a child killer.

Just to keep things simple: I think the risk vaccinating children for Covid is greater than any benefits.

1 Like

From the same source:

Conclusions: Myocarditis (or pericarditis or myopericarditis) from primary COVID19 infection occurred at a rate as high as 450 per million in young males. Young males infected with the virus are up 6 times more likely to develop myocarditis as those who have received the vaccine.

Ok so maybe it’s 5 times or 4 times more likely still pretty fucking certain.

This happens a lot with children being young and all and unable to communicate all of their morbidities.

I’ll ignore the rest of the comment. I don’t judge character based on what people post nor do I resort to name calling.

I didn’t call anyone any names.

I judge character on what people post. I have nothing else to go on.

That study uses data from previous variants. The risk of taking the vaccine has stayed the same but the risk of covid hasn’t.

Plus under 20 is a big group. A five year old child isn’t the same as a 20 year old.

1 Like

You said I probably thought something about you and I said I don’t.

That’s your prerogative. I’ll hold judgment until I meet people in person and get to know them a little first.

Back to the original point, evidence shows being infected with covid is a greater risk than getting the vaccine. I don’t why anyone would prefer infection.

That’s not “name calling”. Anyway, it’s odd but not a big issue.

Why is vaccinating children against Covid so important to you? How much do you believe it will benefit people?

A couple of counterpoints here:

• That’s for the subset of people who actually catch the virus, and not everybody does. When you’re talking about mass vaccination, everybody is exposed to the risk of developing myocarditis associated with the vaccine. The “six times more likely” value would need to be multiplied by the percentage of people who catch the virus (making it smaller).
  • This study was apparently conducted between April 2020 and March 2021, so pre-delta (or at least prior to delta being named and prior to it becoming the dominant strain in the U.S.). Unless there’s anything more recent, it would be reasonable to assume that the risk of developing myocarditis from COVID has decreased over time as the risk of developing other moderate-to-severe symptoms has decreased. The risk of developing it from the vaccines, in contrast, will have remained the same.
3 Likes

Whatever x times greater figure is working on such a tiny percentage of the population. Possibly a similar percentage to those making billions out of maximising vaccine rollout? I’d place money on it being in the same ballpark. Healthy children dead from Covid vs billionaires made from Covid.

Third counter point, the number of people catching the virus has increased dramatically with the increased transmissibility of subsequent variants. Thus the remaining number of unvaccinated are at a greater risk of catching virus than the previous variants

Fourth counterpoint most incidents of myocarditis from vaccination resolved with treatment and did not require hospitalization.

What makes you think it’s different for myocarditis related to COVID? The study you posted seems to say that only two of the twenty cases of myocarditis were hospitalized (so 90% weren’t), with no deaths.

It also says that “Whatever the true hospitalization rate was, it was considerably lower than that reported in the VAERS, where more than three-fourths of reported cases of myocarditis were hospitalized.” (which seems to contradict what you wrote).

1 Like

I’ll wait until the dust settles and the money well hidden to be certain about anything that has happened in the last 2 years. 3 years ago, pharmaceutical companies were cold blooded twats feeding an opioid epidemic which was blatantly obfuscated.

3 Likes

I saw these news today:

I know, it’s Apple Daily, but anyway…

Google Translate tells me a 2yo was diagnosed with COVID and the symptoms got severe very quickly, with no known previous conditions.

Scary!

2 Likes

Sad. That age is really scary as a parent when kids are sick because the kid is so young that they can’t really tell you how they are feeling.

2 Likes

To our knowledge, this is the first analysis comparing findings in patients with classic myocarditis, MIS-C myocarditis, and COVID-19 vaccine-related myocarditis. Compared to classic myocarditis, patients with MIS-C had a greater likelihood of full recovery of cardiac function with a faster time to recovery, even when they presented with fulminant myocarditis. Those with COVID-19 vaccine-related myocarditis generally had a milder clinical course, with lower likelihood of cardiac dysfunction at presentation and more rapid recovery when present.

2 Likes
  1. A Lancet report published February 24, 2022, states:

The Covid-19 Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) pre-vaccine, for 0-18 year olds ranges from:

• 0.0054% at age 1, to 0.01% at age 18.
  1. Taiwan VAERS reports 1442 total deaths suspected following vaccination, and of that, 4 are in the 0-18 age group, with 1732 adverse events in total for 0-18s.

The specifics of these 1732 adverse events for children (whether myocarditis, stroke, encephalitis, etc.) are not provided by the CECC.

Additionally, Taiwan VAERS lists other deaths for the “under 1s” (in the womb) which are not included in the 0-18 statistics, 29 in total.

As an aside, there are 962 VAERS deaths for the 65 and over age group, which may be a factor in the hesitancy of some of that age to not get vaccinated, especially as total Covid deaths in Taiwan number 854.

https://www.fda.gov.tw/TC/siteList.aspx?sid=1571

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02867-1/fulltext

4 Likes