Covington Catholic High School incident

One explanation that I heard (not tying my kite to it) is that it was a call for the gods to help defuse the situation. Great, but not everyone speaks that language and certainly not on the spur of the moment in such a situation.

If you watch the full video (1h+ long, feelsbadman ), he was there with some mate who was holding a camera. When the kids gathered HE walked to their faces and started drumming, and his mate made sure to film in front of the Maga kid who was standing there doing nothing.
The narrative became:“Maga kids harass old native American”. Mind = blown.

By the way, very few mentions of the racist and homophobic remarks by the fine folks that were behind the native American guy. I wonder if CNN and friends will mention those. (Spoiler: they won’t)

https://youtu.be/q6PbS6oq5L4

"You gave faggots rights!! "

Moral high ground status: shaky, at best

3 Likes

I’ll give CNN some rare credit for backtracking and detailing to some degree the brutal hate that actually was on display at the beginning of the video

I don’t know how they could not backtrack a little bit at this point.

I literally don’t know what to trust and the video itself isn’t so clear with everything besides it wasn’t clear cut like CNN said.

Yeah, they just did a full retraction segment on CNN explaining that the whole thing started when the black Muslim group began hurling racist taunts at the students. My jaw almost fell off. I suppose they’re just trying to protect themselves against lawsuits now that the truth is out.

3 Likes

And they say the Donald is “unhinged” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Lost in all this was that the high schoolers went to DC to participate in a March for Life.

Far from engaging in racially motivated harassment, the group of mostly white, MAGA-hat-wearing male teenagers remained relatively calm and restrained despite being subjected to incessant racist, homophobic, and bigoted verbal abuse by members of the bizarre religious sect Black Hebrew Israelites, who were lurking nearby. The BHI has existed since the late 19th century, and is best describes as a black nationalist cult movement; its members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites, and often express condemnation of white people, Christians, and gays. DC-area Black Hebrews are known to spout particularly vile bigotry.

2 Likes

American Indians: The First Terrorists

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1105/firstterrorists.html

1 Like

I thought the Black Israelites were just a lunatic fringe movement (though some are apparently).

Can’t argue about the “lunatics” bit!

Nothing like a good online lynching to warm the cockles of the heart though

Got to get our faith in humanity from somewhere like…

And there goes their stupidity defense. Everything vile they do must be presumed to be on purpose.

Back when they were trapped in the airport ghetto, we could plausibly call CNN stupid. But they engineered an escape. Never attribute to stupidity what can only be explained by evil.

Truly they are the Underminer. They can be defeated, but they won’t defeat themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjV7EDuL21M

1 Like

Yes, the same Reza Aslan who ate human brains in India.

1 Like

This Disney producer takes it a step further. Seriously, what is wrong with these people?

Don’t need to look very far

2 Likes

And another classy one from an SNL writer.

2 Likes

This is probably the first time I’ve been outright disgusted with the media. It’s not like a new angle of the video came out a few days later. They took the original and edited it down to a nice 5-10 second clip that was barely enough for a gif to point the narrative they thought would get the most attention.

However, it’s the reaction of people outside the media who I find the most perplexing. What the hell do random people get out of calling for kids and their parents and the parents and employers of their classmates to be doxxed? It’s not simply random trolls on Twitter either; I saw such comments on Facebook walls by friends of friends. If you’re going to demand that a person be taken out for some transgression don’t you want to be sure you have your story lined up? Honestly, I can’t imagine spewing that much hatred for people who have truly been demonstrated to be evil. Really, I cannot imagine the hell they must live in when they lay down at night.

Beyond that, the mayor of the town and their church even tossed them under the bus when the social media mob came demanding blood. Try to ruin a person’s life for something you heard could have happened?

9 Likes

There are some things you can’t make right again with an apology or retraction. And the memory hole is unreliable:

It’s all about free speech and doxxing, Doxxing is how you outsource the punching.

And these are the people who want us to shut up. I say it’s all just hot air until the first punch lands. But no double standards. They have no standing to preach to us about civility. None.