CPAP machine alternatives or a cheap way to get one

I got no idea because the only thing nhi provided apart from scans and such is drugs.

I think nhi has a file telling you what they pay for but I never really looked.

Maybe but I don’t think it’s any kind of useful alertness drugs or medication.

I asked the sleep doctors if they could prescribe something for me to be more alert during the day which are available in Taiwan by the way and he said oh you have to go see a different doctor a psychologist or psychiatrist I’m like what the f***.

I don’t have mental health problems, I just need something to alleviate my sleep apnea which doesn’t let me rest so I need something that can help me be more alert in the daytime when I have not rested well.

Sleep doctors apparently cannot prescribe anything to help you be more alert.

It appears to be a breakdown in medical treatment but you know I don’t know

1 Like

What’s the med? Is it amphetamine based? That one will surely keep you alert pretty much all the time.

My problem is I’m extremely alert and energetic at night, and exactly opposite during the day. It’s like I’m on amphetamine at night and on Xanax during the day.

Just so you know, drugs to make you alert isn’t good for you in the long term.

1 Like

After standard treatment with stimulants stopped working, the Emory doctors discovered that a substance in Ms. Sumner’s spinal fluid was supercharging GABA, a natural sleep-inducing brain chemical. The effect was like being under constant twilight sedation. “I don’t know how she was able to function,” says Dr. Jenkins, whose team decided to try treating her with a drug called flumazenil, used in emergency rooms to counteract overdoses of sedatives.