CPC gas issue

If you added gas at CPC from Oct 1st to 21st, you may have got a bad one…

It seems that not all gas stations were affected, but I’m not sure how to know which one was.
Had anyone seeing this?

I’m concerned. There’s some contact numbers on their website. I may go and just ask at my store.

台灣中油股份有限公司

發言人:黃仁弘副總經理
聯絡電話:02-87258110、0932-517-284
Email:086932@cpc.com.tw

新聞聯絡人:李克齊組長
聯絡電話:02-87258525、0932-205-375
Email:209007@cpc.com.tw

My problem is I can’t remember if I filled my car up during that period, or which gas station I used.

Pretty sure I have put in about 70 litres of 95 in my car in October, maybe more from CPC.

Check your receipts, you keep them for the lottery numbers right?

2 Likes

Simples!

I was just filling up my tank this morning and the station was out of 95 gas…first time that’s ever happened to me.

Filled up a couple of times in that period. This is pretty serious.

What damage can it cause?

Is Sanlong part of CPC? It has the same blue/white/red brand logo on a big pole but the station says Sanlong and is red/white/orange.

It can corrode the sensor in your fuel tank that provides the signal to your fuel gauge. So if you find your fuel gauge not moving for some time, make sure to get it checked.

Edit: Or maybe the gauge might show “empty” while you still have gas (?) Depends on the car I guess.

1 Like

Maybe a “quick trip” down south is in order to burn all that sub-standard gas :smile:

I still couldn’t find more details on what exactly was the issue and how it can damage you vehicle. Should I be worried with just as few liters? Is it worst if I haven’t driven for a few days?

Not much detail on what the actual problem is. That “substandard additives” and “can damage the gauge” don’t say much to me.

I always try to go to CPC because it’s a public company and I thought it was more reliable, but last time I went to some other company. However, I’m sure I’ve put at least 3 or 4 deposits since the beginning of the month.

I’d like more info too. I filled up on Friday and have driven a bit since. The idea of using a substandard fuel doesn’t thrill me.

It sounds like you should drive as much as you can and top off the deposit with gas from some other company :smiley:

Anybody know if Costco gas is from CPC?

You guys don’t trust easily. This is from the press release:

台灣中油指出,此次油品不合格,汽車銅片測試不符國家標準,對車輛引擎之供油,並無直接影響,亦不致於對車輛造成立即危害,如果長期使用不良油品,油表才會出現不準的訊號。汽車之所以出現不準訊號的原因,係油品造成油箱之液位感知器偵測接點(一般為銅或銀材質)逐漸腐蝕,異常腐蝕到一定程度,車主首先會發覺儀表板油箱存量顯示不穩定跳動,最後油表油量會顯示為零,少數車種則會顯示滿油量。

The sensor in your gas tank can corrode if the fuel is inside your tank for a “long time”. Once the corrosion is severe enough, your fuel gauge will fail. Hope it’s clearer now.

Driving is not the issue. Not driving and keeping it in your tank for a long time causes problems.

1 Like

Hence it’s better to drive and refill as much as possible. And I don’t think that any corrosion can happen in the short term… and why would it affect only that device and not other elements exposed to the gas? Does the gauge has always some metal that is not used anywhere else in the vehicles?