Crappy McDonald's Service

Have you seen Super Size Me? Their food is poison.
When I’ve had to eat McDonalds the service has been all right
and the burgers are okay. They have a burger shape unlike the
wrapped blob of ingredients you get in the UK.

The songs on a loop make me insane. It’s my experience that Chinese people don’t even notice it. I don’t understand how that it possible but there you go. Anyway who makes it policy to play one song on a loop deserves to eat McD and fried taiwan stuff on a stick three times a day for 30 days.

Is service better or worse for foreigners? I feel like I get prompt service almost all the time, to the point that if I don’t get served instantly I storm out.

I’d like a bunch of ketchup please.
1 more please.
1 more please.
how about another one.
o.k 5, just pleease gimme five
no thats two
three more please. ok that’s fine
ok ok ok thank you

just never ask them to put extra ketchup on your hamburger. i swear to god they will put 1/4 cup of ketchup on your hamburger.

they are generally pretty nice about fixing stuff.
other than silly little things" i’ve never had a hge problem with the service or food

dont get me startedd on burger king…

Great show. The supersize Mc throwup out the window before the supersize meal was finished was enough to put me off.

I used to go to Mc Chuckers for breakfast when I owned a chain of retail stores. I could miss peak hour, have breakie then arrive before the staff at any store.

As a distance runner who wanted good food I used to take banana and apple and have pancakes (no syrup or butter) and black coffee.

Definitely not supersize.

If you’d like to appreciate the pinnacle of truly abhorrent McDonalds service I suggest trying to frequent the Hualian McD on a Sunday morning… On two successive road trips I’ve arrived chilly and starving on a Sunday morning, only to have to deal with the full scale chaotic circus / flash mob experience that is the Hualian branch of McD…

I’m not sure if the folks of Hualian don’t have much to do on a Sunday morning or what, but McD and the yokels seem to have gotten together to raise their piss poor service and lack of manners into a sort of passive aggressive contact sport… gormless fools who’s lack of class and basic education prevents them from grasping the concept of waiting in line, elbowing each other in the kidneys as they jostle for rank, shouting their orders in taiwanese from the back of the pack, and making off with other peoples food… in addition, the entire store seems to have been designated a play area with literally hundreds of shrieking, obnoxious, snot nosed children seething all around, getting underfoot and tripping you up just when you think you’ve made the crucial hip check and shoulder charge to get through to the service counter… and even if you succeed in this you’ve still got to face counter staff who’s intelligence and problem solving skills compare unfavorably to those of the bacteria colonies that co-incidentally seem to infest most of the serving trays in the damp, slimy, half washed stack behind the counter…

needs to be experienced to be believed… it verges on epic…

The worst thing that’s happened to me at McDonald’s here was when I got an overly greasy burger one time. I go to the one on Min Quan East Road at Ji Lin road a few times a month and have never had a problem at that one. And I would really rather wait 5 minutes (never been 20 minutes for me) for a freshly prepared sandwhich than to eat one that’s been sitting there for an hour.

As to all the cracks about the Super Size Me movie… Having a McDonald’s meal every so often isn’t going to do irreparable damage to your health. The guy in that movie ate nothing but McDonalds for a month. No kidding he’s gonna have problems. But you’d have the same problems if you only ate fried pork dumplings for a month. If you don’t have fruits and vegetables (and fried potatoes don’t really count) at least a couple of times a day, you’re going to have problems no matter what you eat. And if it is fat and salt you have an issue with, you can find many many Chinese foods that are just as greasy and salty as anything at McDonalds. Going to McDonalds every so often isn’t gonna kill you.

I agree with the poster who said “get rid of the students who are lingering in McDonald’s for 6 hours and drinking cola…or sleeping.”

Are these places insane or what? We went into one in Tainan and we couldn’t get a seat because of all the students…one or two of them sitting solo in comfy booth for 4, by the window. What’s the matter…don’t want to go home to mommy and daddy?

Yikes! :loco:

Regarding problems in MdD’s? The only problem I’ve had in there is placing a personal order: I wanted a double-CHEESE burger and I waited five minutes for it. I ended up getting a single burger with double cheese.

Personally, I don’t mind waiting a few minutes for a fresh hamburger. If they have to cook-to-order, that’s fine with me. I’d rather wait than have a burger off the rack. Who knows how long that thing has been sitting there? :noway:

The other thing about Mc’s is really baffling. I used to work at Mc’s in Canada and we were taught that you get the drink first if the customer has to wait, that way you won’t get cold fries or a cold burger while waiting for an item. But these guys don’t do that. They’ll get your fries and then just let the bag sit on the counter for a few minutes.

That’s wrong.

I schooled them on this and now they know what I prefer, even though I only go in there once a week at the most. :slight_smile:

[quote=“wonder”]I agree with the poster who said “get rid of the students who are lingering in McDonald’s for 6 hours and drinking cola…or sleeping.”

Are these places insane or what? We went into one in Tainan and we couldn’t get a seat because of all the students…one or two of them sitting solo in comfy booth for 4, by the window…[/quote]

If I can’t get a seat, I always just sit with someone sitting alone and start talking to them. Only if I’m by myself, that is.

[quote=“wonder”]
The other thing about Mc’s is really baffling. I used to work at Mc’s in Canada and we were taught that you get the drink first if the customer has to wait, that way you won’t get cold fries or a cold burger while waiting for an item. But these guys don’t do that. They’ll get your fries and then just let the bag sit on the counter for a few minutes.

That’s wrong.

I schooled them on this and now they know what I prefer, even though I only go in there once a week at the most. :slight_smile:[/quote]

I eat my fries while I’m waiting. Nibble…Nibble…

I’ve also had VERY BAD experiences at a KFC in Taipei of just not being served. Told to get out of the way, once I get to the front, so the guy behind me can order! But I never really frequented KFC in the States, so I just walked out and never dardened their door again.

WTF? Where on earth did that happen? I’ve never heard of anything like that here!
You were actually refused service in a KFC?

this is a housecat where talking about here… :unamused:

Well, I guess I would have been served eventually. The guy behind me had been trying to shout his order over my shoulder for almost 10 minutes, but I was in front of him, with my baby on my hip. I was rudely told to move out of the way so the guy behind me could order. HE should have been told to wait. I just left.

You foreigners just don’t understand Taiwanese culture.

Enlighten us?

I heard that the McDonalds in Hsimending is known as a place to pick up schoolgirl-age hookers. Anybody corroborate?

Either you already gave them a talking to first or the folks at my neighborhood McDonalds paid attention at Burger School. The drink is always the first thing out, and none of the hot items come out from the back until they are all ready. And if you make a to-go order and have to wait more than a couple of minutes they give you a little midget cup to drink while you wait.

A lot of the rest of you seem to have a lot of anger about McDonalds, and I keep hearing the same things about lousy or contaminated beef. Do you really think that other sources of beef are any better? And in several Chinese dishes here they still serve beef on the bone which is the riskiest form of beef for vCJD. You’d think that McDonalds was the only place in the world where you could get E Coli or vCJD from the talk here.

Enlighten us?[/quote]

He was suggesting you should have ‘accidentally’ stepped on the foot of the guy behind you and then order while he was whimpering.

Enlighten us?[/quote]

He was suggesting you should have ‘accidentally’ stepped on the foot of the guy behind you and then order while he was whimpering.[/quote] :laughing: :notworthy:

[quote=“wonder”]

I really miss good, inexpensive pasta!!![/quote]

what counts as inexpensive? all i eat is pasta. 200 dollars a meal most places. have you tried the pasta bar? there’s two in ximen and one in shilin, dont know about other areas. their meats sauce spaghetti is my staple now, costs 120, rising to 180 if you add soup, bread and a drink. man it’s good!

screaming jesus wrote:
I heard that the McDonalds in Hsimending (Ximending) is known as a place to pick up schoolgirl-age hookers. Anybody corroborate?

i dont know anything about it.

except what my friend told me
he said (remember this isnt me speaking)
“there’s at least one dirty old white guy who sits in mcdonalds there, lurking, until he sees a likely looking girl. his opening line is always ‘I don’t speak Chinese, can you help me?’”
“dont pay more than 3000 dollars.” (no! don’t ever ever pay for sex because its essentially tragic.)
“if you see a girl you like, discreetly hold up three fingers to indicate you will pay 3000.” (no! dont!)

whatever the reason you go to mcdonalds in ximending, dont go on the weekend. i went there once - to use the toilet (to pee (alone)) - there were 4000 brat kids screaming louder than jesus.

Have not heard that, but then… it’s years since I have been to Ximending.

Doing that could land you in jail, though.