Cricket World Cup

Ey?

Mate, I’m WITH Amos on this one… (i.e. backing the Aussies). There’s no way I’m gonna support anyone else! Actually, I’m hoping that Daltongang would takr up the challenge…

So, who’s prepared to bet against?

The Big Babou

Ey?

Mate, I’m WITH Amos on this one… (i.e. backing the Aussies). There’s no way I’m gonna support anyone else! Actually, I’m hoping that Daltongang would takr up the challenge…

The Big Babou

Ey?

The Big Babou

Hey Alley, did my money go through. I was sure I re sent it to the new address??? If not I’ll send it back over later on.

Are they showing highlights on any of the sports channels, as they did last time (though I forget which channel it was then)? Having just moved home last month, I haven’t got connected up to cable in the new place yet. But if there’s a chance to see some of the cricket on the telly, then I’ll call up the cable folks and get hooked up double pronto.

I feel a little sad that there’s no England v. Zimbabwe match going on right now. I’m beginning to feel that the England team were rather wimpy to back out like that. Much as all right thinking people loathe and condemn Mugabe, we really shouldn’t be letting such matters interfere with the cricket. Not to mention that the forfeiture of those vital four points puts paid to any slim chance England might have had to get through to the next round. :cry:

What the fark’s goin on with the bloodt “edit” function?

Every time I try to edit something, it buggers up and reposts the old one!

Sorry everyone… oh well, I wonder if I’m getting any extra guanxi for this…

The Big Babou :blush:

I never had enough G$ to make a bet and the G$ seem to have disappeared from segue anyway.

I still think Australia will be very, very difficult to beat. They don’t even need Shane Warne (the drug cheat :smiling_imp:).

Sri Lanka and the Kiwis will be the teams to watch. South Africa is in a seemingly impossible position and India and Pakistan have yet to display any tournament winning form. The Windies are a wild card. If Brian Lara makes a big score then they always have a chance.

Canada is the team to watch. Bow in awe at our cricket prowess! :sunglasses:

Well, I know Canada’s ahead on one point at least…inviting ladies to their hotel rooms after the matches… :slight_smile:

no babou, i meant that Iwill need to save the guanxi, if it still exists :slight_smile:

no sa here, backing the windies but the weather didn’t help the other day

Canada’s one-man West Indian whirlwind did them proud today. Whoever could have imagined a Canadian breaking the record for all-time fastest world cup century! Brilliant performance – I wish I could have seen it. And then Brian Lara followed up with the fastest fifty. What a treat for those lucky spectators!

I’m still glowing after our boys’ trouncing of Pakistan last night. I feel I’d better savour it as much as I can, because I’m sure there won’t be much more for me to smile about in England’s progress (or likely lack thereof) during the rest of the competition.

Hi Alleycat/Amos/Omni types,

Has anyone bet on England yet? If not, i’d happily throw away some guanxi on them after their first decent performance. By the way, i’d need betting instructions.

M

You’d be wasting your guanxi, Mark. England just don’t have what it takes. They ought to, given how much one-day cricket is played in England – but the current team just doesn’t have enough outstanding talent to make them potential winners. They’re not even a shadow of the Aussies. If by some very lucky chance they actually did make it through the first couple of rounds, they’d be blown away as soon as they came up against the Ozbods (as they will be when they meet those titans later in this first round). England have a chance to beat any of the other teams on their day, but they just can’t put it together consistently enough, so for every one they do manage to win (like the one against the Paks), they’ll lose the next on after it. I expect India to pip us on Wednesday (probably in a close contest that goes right down to the line), and then when we lose to the Roos we’ll be out.

Oh, Omni, i expected at least a little false optimism from you, of all people. Look, if they can beat us at footie then surely it’s our turn for an upset.

Mark, pretty sure no one has taken them. I think the guanxi machine is out of order at the moment, so if you really are serious about taking them, just pay up when it’s back and running.

Anyone want to bet a guanxi or two on Kenya now? What a result! This world cup just gets better and better. Despite that shock, I still expect the Lankans to make it at least to the semis – and if they meet anyone other than Australia in the last four, then they’ve a very good chance of going all the way to the final.

And though I’m a bit short of confidence in England’s prospects at this world cup, I’m full of hope for its rugby counterpart later in the year.

I’ve been quiet for obvious reasons. I don’t want to jinx our, SA’s, chances.

The WC is, as Omni says, getting better and better.

Hold thgumbs the hosts go through!

Amos, yes i’ll throw my (invisible) guanxi behind the Poms and, by God, they need it!

By the way, Alleycat, what does “Hold thgumbs the hosts go through!” really mean?

Where’s everyone going to be for the Pommie-Aussie game Sunday?

M

Hold thumbs that SA progresses to the Super Sixes.

any body taking odds for India Paki match.
That will also be a good one after all they are playing each othere after 2-3 years