Cricket World Cup

Good to see you back Ponchi. Can we take it that you’re rooting for India?

you bet!!!
This match was the reason I almost installed a sat TV, but after I found out that willow.tv is doing web cast… the choice was just not there :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

And now India has started playing ( or shall I say connecting bat and ball) it will be fun, so 1st march will be a free flow of beer day :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus I just found that friday is a holiday so what else one wants, a long weekend and good cricket

[quote]Joined: 14 Dec 2001
[/quote]
With the last post I was at triple nelson so…this is a cheeky single :laughing: :laughing:

Well spotted Ponchi! I thought that the Nelson number only applied to England?

check India’s record :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

as a matter of fact w.r.t. India any number will do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll be rooting for India against Pakistan because I want to see Sachin staying in the tournament as long as possible. There’s no finer batsman to watch when he’s in full flow - except, perhaps, for Lara.

…or Adam Gilchrist…

There are a few others I can think of, too. Micheal Vaughn, Jacques Kalis, Micheal Bevan, Ricky Ponting, and one of the greats of the game–so sadly missing from this World Cup–Steve Waugh.

come on… we are talking about great batmen not WCC in form batmen :sunglasses:

but yes it will be fun, Pak nearly crumbled against Holland, there batting is now is pits, bowling is still good so the match will be fun to watch

Oh dear – India have won the toss and are batting first. There goes our chance of sneaking a win and making it through to the last six. Batting second, especially under the floodlights, puts us at such a huge disadvantage that I fear we won’t have a hope in hell of overcoming it given our slender resources of talent. And the Indians are making a solid start: 9-0 already after just 14 deliveries. Expect to see them pile up close to 300 and win by 40 to 50 runs. Oh well, at least it’ll mean we’ll see Sachin playing against the other Super Sixers.

Oh my God, they’re running away with it! 36 on the board already, all their wickets still intact, and we’re only in the 8th over. This is going to be horribly painful. Ponchi and a few hundred million of his countrymen must be jumping up and down with glee.

Aaaagh … it’s getting worse … 42-0 after 8 overs … above five an over already and the run rate soaring like a North Korean missile over the Sea of Japan. Better reach for that strong stuff to start drowning the sorrows… :cry:

Curling, Omni. Start following the curling. :wink:

250 not bad… after all the avarage is 220 and the max is 280

Curling, Sandman? That’s an idea – it must be more rewarding to watch a bunch of Canadians playing their slow-motion version of ice-bowls than watch England endlessly plumbing new depths of abject failure in cricket.

And the result of the England v. India match? Yes, sure enough – as totally predictable but bitterly disappointing nonetheless – England capitulated in their usual wretched manner and were comprehensively thrashed. A team struggling to rise to the heights of mere third-ratedness well and truly put in their place by a team trying desperately not to slip below second-rating. And the main damage done by a bowler who nobody’s ever heard of and probably won’t hear much of again. Nice work, lads. Of course it was the toss that effectively decided it – the ball swung about unplayably under the floodlights, as we all knew it would. But England --with the sole exception of Flintoff, who put all his teammates to shame – did nothing to help their cause by a dreadful display of bowling. Caddick, especially, should bow his head in shame.

So goodbye England. You won’t be missed. After so wimpishly pulling out of the game in Zimbabwe, you don’t deserve to feature in the later stages of this competition - Kenya have a much better entitlment to that honour. And well done India. Even though it’s a hollow achievement to beat a hopeless rabble like this England team, it’s good that we’ll still have a chance to see the great Sachin in action in five more second-round matches (though that’ll have to be all, I’m afraid, for their one-man team, so don’t let your hopes fly too high, Ponchi).

R.I.P. English cricket.

Nehra is getting taking the slot of Prasad as the second pace bowler but his fitnnes and form are always a question.

Hope India is able to trash Pakis also in the same manner :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]come on… we are talking about great batmen not WCC in form batmen [/quote]Come on mate, although there are some fine batsman around, lets not forget who’s ranked number one in the world … Matty Hayden. Although Sachin is pretty good, but if I were offered a trade for Gilchrist, then I’d have to decline.

Back in India there is a saying that if you trash Pakis and make sure they don’t win the cup, it is OK not to bring the cup back… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus India has alway been a one ot two men team, but which one will click that day is always a question, hence the 7 batsmen in a team :unamused: :unamused:

Ahhhhh, i thought i’d find you here Ponchi! Well done, ol’ bean. As Omni said it was pathetic. Not even funnily bad, just pathetic.

has anyone figured a way to get hooked up to willow tv from here?

you got to use a proxy Server, alleyCat has done it.
I use my office VPN via our france server to trick Willow,but a proxy server will also work.

Hahahahahaha!!

Here the latest cricket update about the forthcoming Aussies vs Poms match:

We can beat Aussies, says Nasser

AFP - England captain Nasser Hussain insisted his side could beat reigning champions Australia in Port Elizabeth on Sunday and keep their World Cup hopes alive.

An 82-run defeat by India on Wednesday under the Kingsmead lights left England’s hopes of moving out of Group A and progressing to the Super Sixes hanging by a thread.

Australia, unbeaten at the tournament so far have looked every inch World Cup favourites and England have yet to record a one-day victory against them in their last 13 attempts.

Didn’t the Barmy Army sing “Oh, Nasser Hussein, he’s insane…”?

The Big Babou