Crimes in Taiwan 2021

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

1 Like

I imagine the ride must be like this quest

1 Like

Guy kills his wife using knife, stand her 70 times in front of his 2 and 5 year old kids. He was sentenced to 15 years, probably will be out in 8.

Not only does he send a text to his in laws -who are now taking care of his kids- saying he will reunite the family by killing them too so they do not have to live with this incident, but also somehow managed to claim and get his wife’s laobao money, several million retirement fund, into his pocket before going in. Yes, they have the wife’s hard earned money to her killer.

Yeah true people have cottoned on now that just cutting it off does not work, you have to cut and flush or cut and crush :+1:

That’s seriously fcuked up

Mods, if this has already been discussed please move the topic

This guy was nuts, killed his fellow crew members, forced some to jump to their death, and then many days later made a distress call to the Coast Guard?

That’s a weird story. One guy goes nuts with a knife and 23 other guys can’t deal with him?

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, to the point of jumping overboard?

3 Likes

Group panic, I guess, but chances of surviving in the sea?

Smells a bit fishy to me.

3 Likes

I don’t see what the human rights angle is supposed to be, so I’m moving this to the general crime thread.

2 Likes

What human rights angle?

EDIT: Sorry, I see where it was originally posted now.

It was posted in HR for some reason. :idunno:

1 Like

You beat me to it.

1 Like

This guy must have been some ninja or something.

But then I imagine being on a ship with a crazy swinging his knife covered in blood, probably desperation would make the others jump

23 of them? It’s not very likely, is it? And sailors will know that if you jump off a ship you’re probably going to die.

Could have been mass panic I suppose.

EDIT: The guy with the knife must have been Steven Seagal.

1 Like

You don’t get into arguments with a Filipino. It ends up in a knife fight more often than you’d expect, and you have almost no chance of defending yourself in such cases. But yeah, you would think somebody on board would have security training and would be prepared for this sort of thing? People can go a bit nuts when they’re cooped up in a tin can for a while.

I doubt we’ll ever find out, but I’m willing to bet the argument was over something completely trivial.

1 Like

I think most of these fishermen were scrawny underfed humans who were not sailors like navy personnel would be

The attacker with a knife might have been like Brutus big and tough

And he may have knifed the first few who challenged him so nobody wanted to challenge him further

They couldn’t find anything to use as a weapon and there was no concerted action

The assailant didn’t put up much of a fight when the coast guard boarded the boat

Faced with people with guns he knew the game
Was over

He shouldn’t ever be set free

2 Likes

Errr…have you heard of Daga? Maybe this guy was a skilled in this type of Silat. :man_shrugging:

Man you can kill a bunch of people with a knife if you have the element of surprise, and knife makes no sound so by the time people realize what’s up, a bunch of people are dead.

Never underestimate the knife.

2 Likes