Cross-strait? International? Unification? (split from Coronavirus vaccines)

I’ll tell you the why not unite criteria: you should be able to stand in the center of Beijing, and say CCP you suck! Jingping you suck!
…. And have no legal consequences.

And anyone should be able to do it. Anytime.

And have a sign up sheet for people who want democracy. Again with no consequences.

Then I’ll agree.

1 Like

There’s less legal consequences today. People do it all the time on forums in the mainland. Like how Falun Gong is renamed as wheel gong to evade censors.

I’d want to ask how many Chinese who have been living studying overseas prefer a western-style democracy versus the current CCP governed government.

Keep in mind that while India is the largest democracy in the world, it has been completely useless, inept at governing. Corruption is so rampant and nothing is getting done.

True. Correct. So why compare with India :slight_smile: let China be the shining light and create the best democracy in the world. I promise you I’ll go on the rooftops and shout reunite !

lol.

Democracy has very often not worked for developing countries.

Someone please prove me wrong, preferably provide some examples in Taiwan where it has worked and how much corruption there is in Taiwan today.

The lost potential. That is the most profoundly sad thing about China.

Imagine a China that is free and democratic, with its industrious millions of people. How great could such a country be, if the totality of creativity and expression could be let loose freely?

The soft power of Japan? Could be dwarfed by the liberated cultural expression of a truly modern China.

Instead we have a corrupt, authoritarian clique keeping the populace under a tight reign (and far worse if you are so unlucky as to be an ethnic minority). Clock in, clock out, never question anything.

But yes, the wasted potential. So utterly tragic.

4 Likes

Fine. So why imprison someone who is asking for it? Let people reject the idea. Do you get this?

3 Likes

This is precisely why we had the ideals of SYS, and now the DPP is trying to tear it down because they want to get rid of anything to do with China and establish a Republic of Taiwan.

Did I say that?

Is it false ?

1 Like

Right. That’s what is the only constant in life … change. You shouldn’t worry if old ideals are gone. As long as you cherish the new ones and they are beneficial to everyone.

500 years from now china may not exist politically. May not be a bad thing.

1 Like

History has proven you wrong already. The “developed” countries were not handed democracy on a platter. Part of the reason they developed is due to a free thinking society.

4 Likes

China has existed for thousands of years, far more than many nations on Earth.

1 Like

Developed?

Do you not realize that the Chinese invented gun powder, paper, etc?

1 Like

Hmm. No I don’t realize. Ok so gunpowder = what exactly?

Yea it got more cameras and better police state face scanning technology.

4 Likes

So as the UK.

Great rebuttal.
Complete nonsense but you did at least try!

…and the NSA…

You can find other reports for all of those stories, so, no.

All western news sources? Nothing in Chinese?