Crying girls and depressed girls on subway

hey i noticed this before i left whats up with the depressed and crying girls on the MRT. I almost talked to one of em to find out whats up because i am not a cold bastard but wasnt sure if it is a good idea because got a girlfriend allready. does anyone else notice this to when they go in and out of mainstation or is it just when i am on it

I saw one the other day on a MRT platform with her bf having a very serious discussion. (Isn’t this why coffee shops are so popular?)

So where you at now gsm? We wanted to know how things are with your gf and the family.

ok she is taking care of my apt and stuff there for me I am comming back in december after xmas so its good so far she is just busy with highschool and working.

It’s been my point of view, that many cry to manipulate a situation when dealing with the bf. But who really knows, it could authentic depression. :blush:

Yup, that’s the way it is. Lots of crying lots of blaming, but the sucker usually falls into line, as he can’t handle it.

It’s a good tactic, unless recognized as such. :unamused:

Yup, that’s the way it is. Lots of crying lots of blaming, but the sucker usually falls into line, as he can’t handle it.

It’s a good tactic, unless recognized as such. :unamused:[/quote]

Ahh the ties that bind, huh Mr. He? :s

[quote=“namastestore”]

Ahh the ties that bind, huh Mr. He? :s[/quote]

Relationships with Taiwanese girls often end up in emotional blackmail.

You would know, if you’s tried.

I have had girls crying in public for me refusing to quit smoking, my missus did it for me not disowning my family, and well… It’s used as emotional blackmail. Unless it comes after me screwing up ina meaningful way, then I usually treat it with a bit of distance and some tissue paper.

Also… If the girl starts on that early in the relationship, then she will surely get dumped at the first swing in the road - or if I care a lot about her - put on the back burner until she learns to TALK about the issues at heart.

Sheesh, I would expect a bit more knowledge of human nature form you. :unamused:

Im a girl Mr. He, so there wont’ be any ‘tryin’ that :bravo: :noway: It’s a real turn off, but remember many of these girls who do it are in their 20’s where , tv drama’s still a the blueprint for them. Not to say that Taiwanese women in their 30’s don’t pull it, I assume that at that age they get ‘slicker’ with their methods… :laughing:

Screaming tantrums are quite popular too.

I know you are a girl - and chided you for your huge experience as a BF on the local dating scene.

Moreover, I disagree that the TV shows have any influence on their behavior. It’s in the culture that women are feeble and may cry.

On the same token, I have also seen Taiwanese guys slapping their GFs’ in public. :astonished:

When the girls get older, their methods for getting their way willy-nilly get smarter. I for one don’t care too much. If they are blackmailing, then I usually give them the hardball back in the face, in order to teach them that with me problems are discussed, and that any problems are dealt with using mutual respect, not emotional bulldozer tactics.

After all, a relationship, where crying, putting in emotional needles into the other half’s most sensitive points (posts was a freudian slip), and other kinds of emotional pressure tactics are the order of the day, is not worth keeping.

Agree?

I’ve had my fair share of embarrassing moments with xiaojies crying on me in public places like MRT stations, buses, restaurants, and so on. Being a perfect gentleman and as kind and soft-hearted as a guy can be without acting like a poofter, I’m sure I’ve never given them much good reason for doing so, but it’s always made me feel like an absolute cad nonetheless.

Steel yer spine… Being nice equals being gullible in the eyes of many local Xiao jie’s.

It has been shown medically that riding on the MRT can bring about menstrual cramps.

I know you are a girl - and chided you for your huge experience as a BF on the local dating scene.

Moreover, I disagree that the TV shows have any influence on their behavior. It’s in the culture that women are feeble and may cry.

On the same token, I have also seen Taiwanese guys slapping their GFs’ in public. :astonished:

When the girls get older, their methods for getting their way willy-nilly get smarter. I for one don’t care too much. If they are blackmailing, then I usually give them the hardball back in the face, in order to teach them that with me problems are discussed, and that any problems are dealt with using mutual respect, not emotional bulldozer tactics.

After all, a relationship, where crying, putting in emotional needles into the other half’s most sensitive posts, and other kinds of emotional pressure tactics are the order of the day, is not worth keeping.

Agree?[/quote]

No I don’t agree…Wanna get married? I have no debt :sunglasses:

No wonder I can’t stand that thing… :noway:

If they get too loud I just stuff a sock in their mouth.

Did anyone read the article this week in the Apple daily about some forgiener who was choking a local xiao jie after one to many drinks??? :unamused:

Ugh. I hate seeing grown women act like little babies whenever a man is present.

I never encountered this in the mainland, but here in Taiwan I’ve seen several normal adult women suddenly turn all pouty and cutesy as soon as a male enters the room. It’s so bogus, but it’s also irritating that many a man falls for the act. :wanker:

[quote=“namastestore”]
No I don’t agree…Wanna get married? I have no debt :sunglasses:[/quote]

No worries, we can share mine…:laughing:

[quote=“Erhu”]Ugh. I hate seeing grown women act like little babies whenever a man is present.

I never encountered this in the mainland, but here in Taiwan I’ve seen several normal adult women suddenly turn all pouty and cutesy as soon as a male enters the room. It’s so bogus, but it’s also irritating that many a man falls for the act. :wanker:[/quote]

Guilty, but the act isn’t limited to xiaojies. During my 1st year in law school, a NYC gal, well-heeled, bright and confident (or so I thought :loco: ), and I were working on a legal writing project together one Saturday. As night came upon us, we decided to head to a nice local restaurant for dinner. After chatting happily (I thought) for 15 minutes or so in the restaurant, the gal just let loose with Niagra Falls from her eyes and a loud wail of grief. We were not a couple and this was not a date (at least formally), but everyone in the restaurant thought that I was the biggest asshole on Earth. The waitress just glared at me all the time and dropped my plate on the table with a loud bang.

The gal’s crying had nothing to do with me, but was related to the fact that she couldn’t handle law school. She kept saying (in between wails and sniffles), “I thought it would be different.” Of course, being a fool, I fell for her cries. The gal turned out to have serious emotional issues and was, frankly, an American WASP version of a psycho xiaojie. There were plenty of other women in my law school class and none of them had an emotional breakdown like that. It was hard, but not that hard. IMO, she cried for the attention.

Lesson learned. If a gal starts crying in my presence and I cannot think of any rational explanation (e.g., the cat died, she’s my GF and she caught me in bed with her mom or her favorite boy band just broke up), I play nice but get the hell out of there as soon as possible. Whether the cries are a manipulative ploy or due to an emotional imbalance, it’s all the same and a clear warning sign: “DANGER: Approach with Caution.” :help: