CSB gives KMT three months to change emblem

ac_dropout wrote:

So if the Republicans win a majority in the House and Senate, Bush still has to contend with Iraq, the nations opposed to his policies, and with 1/2 of the American people that do not support his ambitions.
Clearly there should be a division between party and state.
If I were an advisor to the KMT, I’d advocate changing the symbol of the party, in our own time, along with the time when Lien and Soong find their tenure untenable and a new vanguard is found for the “reinvented” KMT.

Wolf, if I were a KMT advisor and all the guys listened to me, they would not lose an election.

Chen Shuibian is a great campaigner, and he will surely lead them to victory this time.

I think it’s very clever of CSB to ask for something that will never happen in order to create a reaction that will ensure he gets more legislative seats and is therefore able to put his policies into law.

If the KMT weren’t daft they’d say “Yes you’re right CSB we’ll have a jolly good look at that after the elections, you know you could be right this party=state thing is so old hat” thus taking the wind out of CSB’s sails. But they’re not. They’re mad as hatters.

wolf_reinhold,

Yes that is really an IP issue. But I do believe Bush is going to meet more and more resistance on Iraq. Not to mention his “legacy” is tarnished because of it.

Hard to say if this is feasible on Taiwan. Since it is such a polarized environment. You might lose hard core supporters for showing signs of weakness.

[quote=“ac_dropout”][quote]http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2004/11/22/2003212073

President Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁) yesterday demanded that the Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) should change its party emblem in three months, otherwise he would propose that the legislature amend the National Emblem Law (國徽法) if the pan-green camp wins a legislative majority in the upcoming elections.[/quote]

Why not just outlaw the KMT and declare ROC as an one pary country? [/quote]

You want Chen to copy the Kuomintang?

Regarding your objections:

Chen hopes to cement for the aboriginal tribes the idea of ‘a state within a state’ to describe their relationship with the central government.

His own administration has not stolen national and private property.

Chen’s government maintains disputes with Japan over territory. As far as requesting reparations, that has all been settled by treaty between Taiwan, Japan and China.

Return of property is very much in order, and there is no ‘destructive trend’ to fear I think.