Current mask situation (July 27, 2022)

I was chill, until I encountered you.

1 Like

In the USA by comparison masks are not required on planes or any indoor place unless the private establishment requires it

Strangely still required on public transit in Bay Area but probably not enforced

Iā€™m on Bart today and I am wearing one out of respect because most everyone else is wearing one

I should let out a fart to see if the masks are working

Just kidding masks donā€™t stop farts

1 Like

Do people change their habits more easily in other countries?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Saw my first Taiwanese not wearing a mask on the street today.

5 Likes

Awesome :+1:

Yeah, its still very rare, mostly foreigners and those few locals at the fringe of society. Even in Tamsui tonight, nearly everyone was wearing masks. Mine has progressively moved downwards on my body starting at under the nose to under the chin, to now mostly on my arm.

Still experiencing all the joys of maskless walking - from a woman that looks at me like a Iā€™m a leper this morning, and makes quick efforts to move to the other side of the sidewalk, to a homeless guy cussing me out in the park and telling me to put on my mask.

6 Likes

I saw about 5 more after that.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s it been, at least two weeks now with no masks required while riding a bicycle or scooter, and today I finally saw two bicycle riders in Taoyuan not wearing masks (other than myself), a foreigner and a local. I also spotted four scooter riders maskless, out of the dozens I looked at.

Of course, itā€™s everyoneā€™s private decision to wear a mask or not in these cases. Itā€™s just interesting how slowly this change is happening when I thought most everyone would jump at the chance to rip that mask off (I know I did)

4 Likes

Hereā€™s what I do. If Iā€™m on the streets I pull it down. If Iā€™m in class I pull down passed my nose. On the MRT/ bus / MRT station I have to wear the full mask. The others are alright, wearing the full mask is pretty annoying.

FIFY

*past

If youā€™re teaching youā€™re allowed to remove it. So do that. Donā€™t teach kids to half-ass protective measures. Too many already grow up thinking itā€™s perfectly fine to wear a helmet without buckling it.

1 Like

Itā€™s a hassle to take it on and off so Iā€™m fine it with pulled down.
I donā€™t yet have the balls to have it under my nose on the MRT. That is the most judgmental place in Taiwan.

@Ender Student. The teacher doesnā€™t wear a mask, half the time somebodyā€™s mask is off or half off, seems pretty relaxed. If only the MRT was the same.

When did that happen?

Ovens?

In the past many scooter drivers wore masks due to pollution, now itā€™s considered a hindrance?

I hope youā€™re not teaching English.

Surgical mask does shit for pollution. N95 or better.

Pretty much the day Chen Clock stepped down.

Yes youā€™re supposed to mask up outside but almost anything you do outside can let you slide away with it, like walking around.

1 Like

Iā€™m not, not that correct english matters much when playing those clown games and what notā€¦

1 Like

Me waiting for salty comments: :frog::coffee::popcorn:

1 Like