Currently best cellphone in terms of camera

So what’s the best cellphone in terms of camera for under NT$10,000?

Preferably Android.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]So what’s the best cellphone in terms of camera for under NT$10,000?

Preferably Android.[/quote]

ironically, the sony phones, which once under the Sony-Ericsson brand, have quite good lens/cameras (Zeiss, etc.). They now totally suck. I urge you to stay away IF photos are crucial for you.
OTH, I got a Sony Compact Z because it’s got fabulous battery life. I literally can go 2 days normal use without charging. This is unparalleled in the world of smartphones these days.

[quote=“Jack Burton”][quote=“cranky laowai”]So what’s the best cellphone in terms of camera for under NT$10,000?

Preferably Android.[/quote]

ironically, the sony phones, which once under the Sony-Ericsson brand, have quite good lens/cameras (Zeiss, etc.). They now totally suck. I urge you to stay away IF photos are crucial for you.
OTH, I got a Sony Compact Z because it’s got fabulous battery life. I literally can go 2 days normal use without charging. This is unparalleled in the world of smartphones these days.[/quote]
Yeah, the photos are most important aspect.

Basically, I have an HTC smartphone and my wife has something that looks like it came from the previous millennium. As for me, I don’t care what it looks like, and neither does she. But she’s forever borrowing my phone to take photos or to Line someone. She needs to get her own smartphone. But she’s not going to do that herself, and I’d never hear the end of it if I spent much on it.

Made-in-China is probably next to impossible to avoid, but no Chinese brands at least.

This LG G4 is quit good a taking pictures in low light - I was testing last night with the pets. If you are getting the phone by itself, it is more than 10 thousand NTDs -20 something if I recall-, but with a contract, you can get it well under 10k, especially now that they have the sale of 4G instead of 3G -I mean, the Internet type, not the phone type- for 988 a month and CHT.

I’m looking for same. Asus Zenfone 2 doesn’t have enough juice. I thought I might try to find an LG G3.

The G3 does a good job. Brand new ones can be found for 9 000. The wife picked up two for 18 a few months ago, and the photos are very good. Myphone often has specials online, where they sell “opened” box phones. She waited a while until she bagged the G 3’s. They specials usually go pretty fast.