Curry and Cultural Appropriation

So, both.

2 Likes

He may have a human pet/assistant who takes his Insta photos for him.

Butter culture?

2 Likes

Curry Chicken BURRITO (not cute Burro)from Indian cafe in KHH. Or Frankies! (aka Bombay Burritos)

2 Likes

Incidentally I saw somewhere today the word curry itself is a relic of colonialism. Huh.

1 Like

Egypt and Nubia were connected by the Nile, so trade was facilitated by the river. But otherwise, I agree with these points though they have been made before:

It only ever seems to be people from the cultural diasporas who complain about their cultures being appropriated. I would be very surprised if an Indian in India complained, or even thought about, the word curry. Or a Jamaican seeing any issue in Adele wearing their flag on her tits.

It’s always Americans who think they are Indians, or white people who want to show their affinity with Jamaicans.

2 Likes

The ‘White Girls Take Off Those Hoops’ saga from a few years back is also ridiculous. I remember googling around a bit to see how far back something as simple as hoop earrings go. Just now I found this:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/do-hoop-earrings-belong-to-women-of-color/423318654

1 Like

With their logic, black and hispanic girls need to stop wearing lipstick since it originated in Mesopotamia. Unless they’re an Iraqi, then wearing lipstick is cultural appropriation.

Cultural appropriation is stupid and anybody who says it unironically is a moron and deserves mockery and scorn.

2 Likes

You could just say “it’s always Americans” to be honest.

1 Like

Where do (if anywhere )do people eat this?

1 Like

China, of course.

2 Likes

Insist on donkey offal.

Jesus I’m retching just thinking about it.

Looks pretty tasty in the photo, tbh.

I’m betting that’s not the offal.

Yeah, doesn’t look offal at all.

1 Like

Donkey meat will be fine. I draw a line with donkey penis.

1 Like

I just use a pencil.

4 Likes