Cycling Apparel

The rules are a joke in my opinion, wear sunglasses outside of helmet straps, why means have to remove sunglasses to remove helmet at a stop or forget and sunglasses end up on the ground.
Sometimes I cycle around town on my road bike (now regret selling Giant street bike) so standard shorts better for going in café or shop.

Seems good idea to me I shall look.

OMG! Someone gets it. The Rules are a joke!

Yes they are, there is only one rule which is “ride ya bike”.

2 Likes

Don’t believe a word he says!

Urodacus has been an advocate for the rules ever since I step foot in these forums.

I have now bought some Atlas bib shorts from a new shop at Banqiao.
I wanted a shop so I could try them for fit, very helpful guy in the shop who spoke good English, I tried 1 pair i wasn’t to sure about, he recomended the style that had only just come out with more advanced padding, more expensive but if I liked them would let me have for same discounted price of others.
I did like them very much, have tried and are very comfortable new seat and new shorts :+1:

Find shop here Google Maps I went on MRT to Banxin station.

2 Likes

Atlas is a good brand. Good value for the money!

Wrong topic but, how’s that seat? I’m shopping for a split seat.

Yes I like it, mostly because it’s correct size, 50-55 cm my other was 35-40.
So now I can feel I’m sitting on my sit bones. Don’t feel or notice the cutout. There is a huge variety of cutout seats on the market when I looked. massive variations on cost. Trek offer full refund on Bontrager seats if your not happy was my reason for buying.

1 Like

Does anyone know a brick and mortar store in Taipei with a selection of relatively inexpensive jerseys/shorts? I saw some at a Giant store in Sogo but jerseys were like 2500+. They also didn’t have my size (XL, apparently since I’m pretty tall). I can’t really afford the fancy Rapha stuff, I just want to get my first set of proper beginner clothes to get me going. Any recommendations and/or places to definitely avoid?

2 Likes

Decathlon has everything at cheap prices. All that you mention above.
Just won’t have any pictures or brand names. Generally in black or blue color.
They do have some nice orange- and yellow-colored cycling rain jackets, too, at cheap prices. Or at least when I bought mine.

2 Likes

This.

As someone who spent 1800NT on his first kit (shorts, jersey, arm warmers and gloves), I would advise, if your budget allows you to, spend a little bit more because you will see yourself needing another kit soon if you ride often!

In Taipei (or TW online retailer) what was the most comfortable bib you guys have bought?

I second that, for lycra and chamois stuff invest in better quality. I bought decathlon stuff first and felt itchy and uncomfortable after a few uses. But for mtb shorts and generally looser pieces of clothing I guess Decathlon is ok, they’ll be a bit bulky and may not last that long, but hey, they are cheaper.

1 Like

Suggest you also try 96自轉車大稻埕店 96Cycling

No. 132號, Xining North Road, Datong District, Taipei City, 10342

They have a section of Santini in the shop and their own brand clothing (pretty good quality)

2 Likes

I’ve had good luck with Atlas. It’s made in Taiwan and I think the quality is pretty good. It’s not the cheapest you can get, but it’s definitely not as expensive as some of the bigger brands.

They have a store in Banqiao and some other stores also carry it (I know Metro Oasis does, not sure about others).

1 Like

Velocio, an American brand, made in Italy.
Luxe Bib Shorts https://velocio.cc/collections/bibs-shorts-tights/products/mens-luxe-bib-short-ss20

Heroic1, a Taiwanese brand, made in Taiwan (and China).
Blast 2.0 bib shorts https://shop.heroic1.cc/products/all-shorts-men-blast-20-race

Both bought at Velostudio Google Maps

1 Like

@qinqinbaobaojugaogao

You can also take a look at Craft

I am not entirely sure where you can try them on in Taipei, but if you buy from PChome, you can return it!

Actually, I bought 3-4 pairs of Decathlon’s long cycling pants and 3-4 pairs of its short cycling pants (for summer). Then I just rotate them during usage. Been wearing them for 4 years or more and very little wear on all of them. Average 40km a ride a few days a week.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I forgot to mention this. If you buy a few pairs and rotate them, the kit should last! I learned that the hard way a few years ago and only had one pair of bibs for around 150km a week, they only lasted me a year!

1 Like

either Ale or Assos F1. Assos in particular are expensive in Taiwan, but Ale online are not bad (and look for Chain Reaction sale days!).