Dairy Queen Taipei Grand Opening

Does irelands potato still exist?

1 Like

Yeah, they have one near Taipei 101, one in City Mall near the Cinema. And an Irish Potato shack always turns up at Banquiao at that Christmas event.

I am surprised there isn’t more–I think it’s excellent, personally. So much better than MOS and, the worst fast-food place I have EVER tried T.K.K Chicken.

I described MOS Burger as gash, but T.K.K. Chicken is on a whole other level of gash. I tried it twice, once it was shit, and I thought ok–it’s popular, that must be a one off. Tried it at a different location and it was just as bad.

It may be the worst food I have ever had.

1 Like

I remember having a Peanut Buster Parfait at DQ with a date back in my single days.

It was finger-licking good.

:face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_peeking_eye: That might appetize a few!!

1 Like

I never had mos burger and the way the restaurant looks doesn’t make me want to eat there.

more under Kaoshuing restaurant section

2 Likes

Banana split is so easy to make.

Yes, but easier to sit down and order haha.

Coffee is good for me, I like strong black coffee. (Some like it lighter, not me) Also some side dishes are nice

1 Like

It’s actually American, but became way more popular in Japan. There’s only one Mister Donut left in the US: The Last Mister Donut in the US | Thought & Sight

4 Likes

OK ! so Canadian take over American, I had it wrong on Tim horton started, so now is Canada company.

And Mr. Donut is a subsidiary of 7-11

Mister Donut is an international chain of doughnut stores. It was founded in the United States in 1956 by Harry Winokur. Primary offerings include doughnuts, coffee, muffins and pastries. After being acquired by Allied Domecq in 1990, most of the North American stores became Dunkin’ Donuts. Outside of the United States, Mister Donut maintains a presence in Japan, El Salvador, Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Lagos and Ibadan in Nigeria.’

2 Likes

Mr Donut had a good reputation in Japan when I lived there. They even has decent whole leaf tea, served in ceramic tea pots!

I have no idea if this is still the case . . .

Guy

2 Likes

Haven’t seen it down South. Thinking about opening my own outlet so I can get some decent chips. The one with sour cream was pretty good.

1 Like

Once or twice a year I look at one of those places to see if they’ve added poutine to the menu. (Am I an idiot for thinking that’d be an obvious addition?) And they haven’t yet. I’m not sure I’ve ever tried them - if I have, it’s not been for many, many years.

It was a HK chain that was big in HK and then came to Taiwan. Now apparently they have one store left in ATT4Fun

Ireland’s Potato is from another time. Like the Modern Toilet restaurant having 8 stores. I think its completely gone now

1 Like

I just checked Google Maps and it looks like there are two left, one in the Vieshow complex - although it now has the possibly even worse name of “Ireland’s Potato and Bar.”

2 Likes

Relics from a bygone era. They are the Roxy99 of Taiwan fastfood

3 Likes

True, and so depressing.
I see so much white-knighting on here when someone criticizes local food, but desserts here really are shit. Tofu pudding?
Taiwan has the only food culture I’ve ever seen where they put so much sugar into literally EVERYTHING (from a loaf of bread, to soup, to bbq) but constantly complain if a dessert is too sweet.

3 Likes

Lets be honest, If they started selling red bean, lu dou sha and taro as dessert flavours in the west (well i can only speak for blighty) people would take a dump on it.

But I do feel your pain. The TAI TIAN LE LA has got to be one of the things that annoy me most in this world. Sticking their nose up at our fine assortment of chocolate and biskwits like the drinks here are not liquid sugar or what.