Dangermouse

Thank God!

Yep… get well soon from me too… I know I don’t have as high a profile on here as some, but I share everybody’s sentiments.

Glad you are ok mate

nice to see folk here grouping together for a change!!

Yeah, no kidding. DM maybe you should just find yourself a nice bubble and hang out there for a while. I’ll feel better. Snakes, STDs, Taiwanese drivers, landslides… you need to live in a fortress.

Oh, and DM, if we ever meet, I’ll buy you a few beers.

Glad you’re safe, Dangermouse! Don’t ever do that to us again.

[quote]I have to admit feeling something fishy about the name “Donnadie” - Donna die - Don’t a die - Don’t die.

Glad there wasn’t a joke here.
[/quote]

Ah, yes. That’s the name I’ve used at several websites in the past, so when I signed up here I just used the same one. It should be Don Nadie, Sir Nobody.

[quote=“JaydeLin”]I am close friend [real name removed by moderator] (dangermouse). Today there was maountin accident. I know he post here sometime so want tell you we think missing and die.

Sorry,

Jayde Lin[/quote]

CRAP! He was found already and he’s not even dead!? Fun’s over. :s

ps. Get well DM.

My word, but Mr. DM will probably be getting a couple of kisses and hugs at the next Happy Hour anyways. It’s amazing how completely fragile our lives are, isn’t it? I’ll definitely be thinking about this the next time I want to say or type something nasty to somebody…you never know when they could be flying off a cliff. Life is so horribly precious, it’s scary.

Hello all. I am typing with one hand so I’m sorry about the speed of this post.

Firstly, I must thank you all for your concern - it’s nice to see that people do care around here.

Second, I did have a terrific accident today where I was forced off the road by falling rocks between Pinglin and Pingshi. My bike was hit and veered off into the bushes and I flew over the side of the mountain.
I found myself half way between the top and the bottom of the mountain; the logical thing at the time was to go down as I had sustained injuries.

I was slightly concust and sat it out for an hour before walking along the river at the bottom for about 2-3 hours.

Jaydie is a close friend of mine - she sorts out problems and stuff.

Someone had found my bike hanging over the edge of the mountain in the mud from the landslide and called the police. Various personal effects were left in a bag with the bike including Jaydies contact details which I always carry.

Now Jaydie didn’t lie, but either over-reacted or didn’t come across properly in her post - she is Taiwanese.

The police had notified her that I was missing (I was technically missing for 5 hours). I had no idea about this and my cellphone etc were still with my bike. Obviously because I had walked away from the accident scene, the police couldn’t find me.

I caught a blue truck from near Shi Fen to Ping Shi and then got the bus back to Taipei where I went to the hospital and got stitches etc.

Nothing is broken but I have to go back to hospital for a check up tomorrow.

Please don’t blame Jaydie for what she has posted tonight. I have had a chat with her and it was purely a misunderstanding between her and the police. She knows that I post here and she likes to participate in lurking from time to time to improve her English - she thought she was doing the right thing. I hope if she decides to become a regular contributor to this site you will accomodate her.

I must thank you all very much for your concern in this matter and I am truly sorry for the worry caused. I do really appreciate your caring nature and this just goes to show what a community such as this can achieve…

I am OK. My bike isn’t.

Thank you,

A very injured, bleeding but most of all, humbled Adam.

[quote]Now Jaydie didn’t lie, but either over-reacted or didn’t come across properly in her post - she is Taiwanese. [/quote] Sorry Jaydie. :blush:

Sounds like you came close DM. Good to read your post.

And now I feel very silly.

Glad to hear that you are ok…(breathes huge sigh of relief)

A 2 to 3 hour walk down the river while injured?

Damn… :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I’m sure you’ve heard this from a dozen people already, but if you need anything…

MJB

DM, you are amazing. Can I have the rights to make the movie about your life? Please, please take care. If you need help at work let me know.

So must we like LBTs now? One helped you out, so I guess we should kinda sorta not hate them so much anymore… :unamused:

So glad to see you back online. You’re a great kid.

Don’t be silly.
And welcome back… from the dead! :slight_smile:

Thanks Jaydie for letting us know something was very wrong… you did the right thing, even though you really scared us by the way you said it !!

EndangeredMouse, VERY relieved to hear you’re alive and not too seriously injured.

I spent the evening researching first aid kits, BTW. I’m going to be carrying one in my backpack and/or bike from now on. Now is as good as any time to raise awareness of the importance of a good kit, with disinfectant, various sized bandaids, gauze and tape, at a bare minimum.
I’d like to recommend that every Forumosan have a small kit in their house, and another in their car or bike, by this Friday.

Too bad about your bike. That really sucks. What was it? Want my old 90cc super dirt cheap? It needs minor repairs but otherwise still runs. And best of all, it’s bright purple!!!

Anyway, glad you made it!!!

If Jayde sees this, I hope she doesn’t take what we were saying too badly - just the shock of seeing someone we’ve never seen before say someone we know might be dead… I’m sure we all appreciate her letting us know, albeit in a fairly dramatic fashion :laughing: Glad to hear you’re OK DM!

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
Too bad about your bike. That really sucks. What was it? Want my old 90cc super dirt cheap? It needs minor repairs but otherwise still runs. And best of all, it’s bright purple!!!
Anyway, glad you made it!!![/quote]

The rodent hero is only going to be truly at peace with another RZ under his tail…Let the Dangermouse replacement RZ search begin!

tealit.com/cgi-bin/classifie … =retrieval

They aren’t easy to find anymore, so let’s retreive your bent and twisted hulk for parts… :sunglasses:

Don’t. I don’t even know you and I didn’t feel silly flipping through the TV news last night looking for your mangled body.

Peace. Now, let’s get some warwound pictures. :smiling_imp:

Too many non-Brits on this site. If you’d had the benefit of real TV when you were kids you would know that DM always pulls through.

“Oh, Dangermouse just fell off a mountain. I wonder how he’ll get out of this. When’s the next episode? That little rodent is soooo cool.”

DM, don’t let all these hysterics go to your head. I didn’t. In fact I only just found out about all this so didn’t lose any sleep worrying about you at all. Hope you’re back at work spreading genital warts today and not sulking at home pretending to be genuinely hurt.