Danshui Living

Can you guys tell me more about the commute? If you live along the light rail line (not mrt) how difficult is it to get to work in downtown Taipei? Do you really think the commute can eat a full 3 hours?

Edit: I really don’t want to get a car. The traffic conditions here seem really unsafe. I’m worried I’d hit a scooter trying to merge lanes. The scooters zip in and out all over the place.

Don’t wanna a scooter for the same reason

Of course not. But I also thought my guide was pretty clear.

3 Likes

It was! Thank you. just wanted to get other people’s experiences.

anyone telling you over two hours one way is lying and overexaggerating.

2 Likes

I mean … if you want to walk, I suppose it could take three hours. Or if you’re counting there and back, total over the day.

Google Maps directions, going from the Danshui Carrefour to Xizhi - well the far side of downtown - gives me estimates of 1h30m to 2h on public transport.

EDIT: Depending on where you are in Danshui, getting a scooter to drive to the main Danshui MRT station could save you a fair bit of time.

2 Likes

I mean total commute time. Is that what you meant?

Also, do you know about this bus Tiaowa bus? I see it goes straight to neihu which could really help my girlfriend. But I can’t find the schedule online

Yeah I meant the total commute (there and back)

One way I meant. Sorry.

1 Like

Ah ok yeah and hour and half sounds right then

Useless. Once, twice a day max. When i get back to the office ill explain about them.

1 Like

An hour and a half is from New Town.

Less than an hour if you’re close to the MRT with Zhuwei being most convenient.

1 Like

Oh damn ok can’t believe it only runs twice a day

Yeah it’s just I found a place I really like that’s in the danhai area near where the light rail splits

Yeah. I don’t recommend there.

Try to stick between Danshui Station and Zhuwei

I use this app on my smart phone. It’s awesome and tracks in real time.

This is the App for iOS.

You appear to be using an Android, so you’ll have to check the Google Play store for a version you can use.

2 Likes

Yeah. So… New Taipei is shaped like a doughnut. That is clear to everyone. Because of this, many bus companies have set up Jumping Frog Buses.

They…‘jump’ over places. They skip large parts of Greater Taipei to get to a popular destination in Taipei close to where people work and shop.

But they’re primarily for people who commute at a certain time and can fill up quickly, I don’t even consider them because they never work with my schedule cause they are so rigid.

https://ebus.gov.taipei/ebus

These are the buses.

2 Likes

OK let’s test if you are a REAL Danshui-ese:

1. Where in Danshui can you get a Caipirinha “to go”?

2. Where in Danshui can you get 40~50 kinds of beer and a nice view

3. Where in Danshui can you get the best Pizza?

The proper term is Danshuinian. I called it.

Why would you want one to go? Sit down and relax with drink in hand by the river!

Relax, and sit down while the sun sets!

If I had to choose between 40-50 kinds of beer and a nice atmosphere with a guy who will make whatever you want, I’d pick Maurice’s place by Danshui Station.

2 Likes

Wait, what?!

2 Likes

You don’t know Maurice’s place?

1 Like