Danshui Living

Absolutely no idea. If you’re talking about near the MRT station, I knew about the place run by the Irish guy long ago, then inherited by what I think was a Kiwi burger restaurant … I don’t know what it is now.

1 Like

Nahh.
I liked that Kiwi place though.

Gone for years.

Maurice’s is tucked back.

2 Likes

I think I’d recommend Come See Pizza over Big Pizza. They’re close to one another, both near Tamkang. I like the crust more at Come See - but I could just be bored of Big Pizza, because I’ve eaten there too often.

Oh, but wait, Oro Pizzeria, on the waterfront, is fantastic. Tabletop dining. Overpriced because it’s a tourist spot, but still, damn good.

ORO Pizzeria 黃金披薩屋
02 2620 5700
https://goo.gl/maps/RCoB6nJA7a2ce3tG9

comeseepizza.com

1 Like

Big Pizza though tastes like US pizza though.

It’s one of the best pizza-by-the-slice places I’ve seen in Taiwan.

Doesn’t mean it’s all that good a pizza-by-the-slice place.

So, we getting Pizza at oro and drinks at Maurice’s? You, me and @DogmaticStoic?

4 Likes

Didn’t know they had Pizza by the slice in Taiwan

It’s the magic of Danshui!

1 Like

Another plus is that the “40~50 different beers place with a view” is literally around the corner ^^

1 Like

Yeah but I only care about a few types. I don’t like all the crazy bitter beers. I used to go to German Garden but they shut down.

The place with the rope staircase.

2 Likes

Me too, most of those newfangled IPAs are not for me. I’m into strong/sweet Belgians, though, so that place I keep hinting at is fitting me well. Not cheap, but awesome sunset view.

German Garden? Never heard that, but then I’m not a real Danshuinian, only having lived there for a short while.

2 Likes

It’s gone now…

They went under.

@olm we need you to take the place and reopen it.

1 Like

Careful what you wish for. Currently I am still busy with taking over this place here, though :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be happy. They had a honey lager I really enjoyed.

1 Like

I’ll be moving to Tamsui this month or possibly Early June. Will be signing the contract later this month.

Gave one month notice. The landlord made me pay this month and says she will reimburse me the second half of the deposit. So it costs half a month rent to break the lease early (like it does in America).

I’ll see whether or not she puts up a fight over that second month. Hopefully not

1 Like

from my experience, most are reasonable. as long as you didnt trash the apartment it should be fine. here on the forum you mostly hear about the greedy and cheating landlords, but most landlors dont have a special incentive to be that way.
from my experience, as long as you take normal care of the place, and are civil and polite with your landlord there shouldbt be any problem.

2 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right. She responded to my messages about moving out early and was cordial. She even said she wishes me good luck in the future. So it sounds like it should be ok. Like I always do, I’ll be cleaning the unit from top to bottom before I leave

Got any questions?

1 Like

Naw not this time just wanted to share. Thanks!

1 Like

This is really good and helps immensely. @DogmaticStoic, you will find this helpful should you continue with your plans to live in Danhai’s new town.

If it’s one thing that i complain about outside of dual citizenship, it’s transportation.

5 Likes