Dashcam footage

Not exactly dashcam, but this surveillance cam captured a white Tesla ramming into a post. Lin Zhi-ying, a famous 90s idol, and his son were inside the car, which bursted into flames after the crash.

2 Likes

Any victim?

Stretching things a bit!

Answering my own question, from what I heard, it was only him and his 6yo in the car. The kid’s okay, but he got hurt and burned. A passerby stopped and help them getting out of the car in flames.
Litium batteries man, those are highly inflammable!

BTW, one of the reason people were flabbergasted by the accident is because

Was also a professional racer driver.
It’s weird to see someone so skilled getting into a low speed accident.

They were also en route to his son’s go cart tournament.

Racing runs in the family.

2 Likes

Solid state batteries will replace them soon. Plus they get twice the mileage.

2 Likes

Suspect he was in self drive mode on the Tesla and it got confused with the multitude of lanes.

2 Likes

… and the thousands of scooters?

1 Like

Anyone can be distracted. Most of the front was crushed and airbags deployed. This doesn’t look like a low speed accident. A low speed accident would be >10 km/h with a dented bumper.

Teslas can accelerate very quickly.

2 Likes

In the footage it doesn’t seem like the car sped or nor slowed down at all before hitting the divider. If the driver had notice something was coming up, he would have hit the brakes even if he was too late to stop the collision. The fact that the car didn’t slowed down, I think either Lin had completely taken his eyes off the road and thus was unaware the divider was coming up, or the car was driving itself and for some reason failed to realize there is a divider.

In previous Tesla auto-pilot crashes that we’ve seen, if the thing in front of the car isn’t identified as an object the car would just plough through it.

1 Like

This was pretty popular last week. At first people thought someone was being a smart ass and did this on purpose, but then they found out how this really happened.

https://imgur.com/r7lBwrv
It’s so awesome that it not only happened, but he decided that it’s ok for him to keep driving on the highway like that.

3 Likes

Not a dashcam, but still interesting.

What caused this kind of damage to this Toyota Corolla Altis?

Well, the driver rearended this tank

4 Likes

Please let there be a video of the tank brake-checking the Corolla. Or was it on a cross-country dash and just ran over the Corolla as it jumped the highway, a la a certain TransAsia Airways ATR-72 a few years back? Just not simply on maneuvers and running without lights…

3 Likes

How drunk do you have to be?

7 Likes

Recent horrific crash on the Suhua highway. The driver claims that he wasn’t able to come to a full stop as he applied his breaks, but it doesn’t seem to me he slowed down at all before ramming into the cars. I don’t he he slowed down even after ramming into the cars.

3 Likes

I was sent these yesterday on my motorcycle group in line, at least they have had the decency to stop it before it shows the bloke trapped under the truck

Oh deer…

1 Like

How many time do they need to show the same bit of footage?

1 Like