Dating apps in Taiwan

It shoots up for a while, and then goes back to normal. I’ve read others experience the same. Afterall they want you to keep spending, and giving you matches makes you less inclined

2 Likes

Anyone that writes no ONS? Gagging for it.

You only write no ONS if you want ONS. Or FWB. Or 月跑. Or even 約炮。:joy:

Based on a large sample of personal experience?

1 Like

They write ‘No ONS’ just as to not attract men who are “looking for it”. This way they can match with men with whom they can decide themselves to have it or not. If they dont want to have it and man isnt her type, she wins and if she wants it she knows men wont say no to it so she still wins. so having "no ONS’ but actually wanting it theory isnt wrong

4 Likes

I did this for a while, the flag thing, used to experiment with different bios but didnt find it made much difference

1 Like

I’ve said it already. My matches shot way up when going English only in my profile. Girls interested in foreigners mostly don’t want those foreigners who can speak Chinese…

It does add and you probably will get matches from girls with similar traveling experience. The thing is everything on tinder takes lot of time unless u r one hot sexy dude.

Also traveling and showing flags is mostly “asisn pride” thing. Taiwan is small. So by showing how many countries the girl has been to is seen as one of the “coolest” thing herethat the girl thinks makes her better than others. Again. Validation

3 Likes

Lol, unlikely. One reason to take the flags off is I didn’t want to get them thinking I’m Indian or Middle Eastern (because Asian racism, and my looks)

1 Like

Try reverse psychology. Take me for example. I do not like “Traveling, Cats, No-pressure meetups, Music, or Going Out”.

1 Like

30 years ago it used to be a girl would say, “I think I should let you know, I’m very conservative”. It always meant the exact opposite. :hotsprings:

6 Likes

Dont worry. Flags are overrated. Girls who add flags do it also because there is nothing else interesting about them. A real girl would put effort in writing a bio which is rare on tinder but such women atleast have something interesting to talk about.

I used to have more, then I decided they probably aren’t looking for reading material :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol tinder is a numbers and luck game. In the end its all about looks and photos. A girl on tinder has 100+ likes the minute she opens up the app. Girls use tinder when they are bored or feeling down. She knows she is wanted there on tinder for sure vs the real world where there are insecurities keeping her down. That feeling of so many likes by men is enough for her to get the ego boost she needs and go on with her day. She eventually will go through all men profiles, but most wont read what men has written. An english bio by a foreigner might get the attention so writing in english still works. But if your pictures are hot and shows your good looks, your amazing exciting life and your hobbies then u will get swiped on.

1 Like

Sadly I dont have any good body shots from the past 10 years! But I do ok, a steady trickle of matches with uninteresting conversation partners that mostly won’t meet, averaging a few dates per month. What can I say, it’s better than Saudi Arabia was!

4 Likes

A few dates per month is most what we can get out of tinder. So u r doing good i would say.

I found this true, it’s quite counterintuitive. One would think Chinese ability would be a plus but it makes a foreigner seem more ordinary. The thrill is chasing a person that doesn’t understand a word you say. Very exotic. Speaking Chinese breaks that exoticism.
This holds true for online and in person dating.

I’m going to have to start playing ignorance.

And do not say you have lived here for 10+ years. You are fresh off the boat.

4 Likes

Still true today, but sometimes is really conservative in Taiwan but when out in Japan keen to do something. (not from apps )

Ah, I’m in Taipei, so don’t know much about the user experience in the south. One of the downsides of being in Taipei is that there are a lot of people who are just visiting and don’t make it clear on their Bumble profile, so I have no idea they’re leaving in 2 weeks until after we’ve matched and started talking. :sweat_smile:

Adding to this… I heard that Hinge is not available in Taiwan’s app store. Based on my experience, everyone on Hinge is a foreigner or a Taiwanese who studied or worked abroad. Haven’t had much luck on there though. :joy: