Dating apps in Taiwan

Yeah… The important thing is to make it alive.

1 Like

Definitely sometimes it is like talking to a dead fish, fortunately i havent experienced flogging a dead horse!

2 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

You can’t recognize an opportunity when it knocks.

According to my single friends back home, alot of women use dating sites to farm male attention and validation. These women have no intention of meeting up with anyone.

Maybe same situation in Taiwan?

5 Likes

My friend told me today he had a similar encounter three weeks ago. Matched on Bumble, they had one pixelated photo. Met at an MRT, they messaged saying they were wearing white. Turned out to be a dude in a dress. My friend asked why he didn’t just date one of the many gay guys in Taipei instead of trying to trick straight guys on apps, and the guy said he is straight and that he’s a woman… I can imagine they must have done this a million times over weeks - I dunno how they have the constant rejection.

2 Likes

“academic” study? :pray:

1 Like

Dating app in Taiwan follow two type. If u have a photogenic face, handsome , tall(most important), then u will get lot of matches with minimal efforts

If u r not then u need to swipe a lot and spend a lot of time to get some decent matches in return

That’s all just for getting a match.

When it comes to actual conversations, most don’t know what to say, or conversations usually die very quickly or doesn’t progress to anywhere. So best approach is be direct, and ask for line and then ask for a meetup.

Thing is people on dating apps are not looking for a partner. They are looking for a “type” so if u don’t fit their type u will be go wind gone very quickly so don’t waste time.

If things are going even slightly good. Ask the women out and see if you are her type and she is yours.

In the end it’s all about finding types. Most people on dating apps are shallow and don’t really know what they are looking for .validation is one and male attention is one.

6 Likes

How tall is “tall” for men in Taiwan?

1 Like

Depeneds on the girl. U have to remeber most girls on tinder are shallow so they arent there to chose men based on your “nice personality”. but generally if you are 175+, there is a big chance you will be considered desirable by most girls. not saying shorter than that arent desirable but tallness in men is a big thing in taiwan seen as “a type women desire” so more tall means more chance.

Taiwanese girls especially spoiled pretty ones wants a feeling they are standing next to a guy which can “hold them like a small puppy and protect them”

Also keep in mind, its very normal here for girls to be around 165+ so thats also one reason they desire much taller men.

3 Likes

More than ~160cm :stuck_out_tongue:

U.K. tinder lots of must be 6 foot or over from women’s posts.

1 Like

I was watching a YouTuber interview women on the street a while back and they said the same thing. Minimum 6ft. The funny thing was that most didn’t even know how big six foot was.

2 Likes

Lol I never fit in the height standard for most Taiwan girls since I am only 168cm
But I don’t get bothered by it.
If a women reject me for my height only then who needs such shallow women in his life

2 Likes

I’m 185.5cm and do very poorly with dating

4 Likes

I am 188 cm and did great. 2 cm is a big deal

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a partner you must do this.

1 Like

Another observation from using Tinder in Taiwan the last few days… There are certainly a lot of women with “mysterious” profiles, i.e. a profile picture of some enigmatic imagery or artwork or something. If I see such profiles in England (where they’re not very common), I’ll assume the woman has something to hide or is not taking it seriously and swipe left, but when I look through many of the profiles like this here I often find that the photos of themselves are buried within all these other “arty” images and the woman is often actually quite attractive.

Or, at least, she appears to be. I get the sense that many, if not most, of the female profile pictures here are heavily touched up and don’t give an accurate reflection of what they look like in real life. Which seems to be a counterproductive move because, sure, it might get you more matches, but it means most of the men you meet up with will be disappointed when they see you in person.

After swiping right on nearly everyone I see and using most of my free time in this damn quarantine to attempt to engage in conversation with matches that usually go nowhere, I have had a couple of genuinely good conversations. It’s a gigantic pain, and I’m only able to waste this much time going through this process because of the quarantine, but it seems you can actually get something out of Tinder if you spend a lot of time on it. On the other hand, this is good motivation for learning Chinese as I imagine the number of conversations that go nowhere would decrease if my Chinese was good and I’d probably match with a lot more women if I had a Chinese profile. Incidentally, I’m surprised to see how many women here actually have English profiles, so are presumably looking for foreigners. Their photos tend to be the most interesting too, showing them around the world, hiking, etc. instead of eating fancy food or standing around looking pretty.

4 Likes

IME they have something to hide

Or 10-20 years old

Assuming meeting is something they want to do, many just want validation and free online entertainment

I used the paid option for a little while. Matches shot way up but just more of the same

1 Like

Girls with the tag “language exchange” are the ones who are okay talking to a foreigner and has varying level of english ability. Dont just assume photos of women in western countries means they can speak conversation lvel english.

If there is one thing that is consistant in tinder both among men and womnen is thet they love to flaunt how many countries they been to either by putting all the flags possible in the bio or just showing the pics. Its one of the way they seek validation.

2 Likes